Monday, January 10, 2011

Detox drink....


Here are the ingredients to my detox drink.

1 lemon
4 oz of R.W. Knudsen Just Cranberry juice
1 tbsp of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
1 serving of Garden of Life Detoxifiber
1 serving of Garden of Life Perfect Food Raw


So many people have been writing me from Sparkpeople as well as this site in regards to my detox drink. I thought I would write about what it is and why I am doing it.

It is simple, I wake each morning and drink 1 glass of water with 1 lemon followed by 4 oz of just cranberry juice with 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, Garden of life Detoxifiber and Garden of Life Raw Perfect food.

A variation of this was made popular by the company My Fit Foods. It is part of their 21 day challenge. Here is the link....MY FIT FOODS


I am not doing the program My FIt Foods program, but have found the cleansing drink to work well for me but I add 2 Garden of Life products that are not apart of the original cleanse. I am a HUGE Garden of Life fan and love their products. I find starting my day with the detoxifiber and perfect food raw to be something that has worked well for me. Here is a link...GARDEN OF LIFE.

I have seen improvements in my overall health but mostly it helps me curb my appetite. If I have had one serving of food and I am still hungry, I drink a HUGE glass of water with apple cider vinegar and 10 times out of 10 I will NOT want anymore food.

Some people say that this detox drink aids in weight loss by boosting the metabolism. I am not sure of that but I do know that it aids the body in detoxification of the liver and the kidneys. Along with this Cranberry juice as many benefits to the immune system, cardiovascular system and so much more.

I guess another name for this drink could be a wellness cocktail! You cannot go wrong! Trust me it taste HORRIBLE but the benefits outweigh the taste for me.

Just remember that you can drink this everyday and if you are eating too many calories and sitting on the couch all day, NOTHING will work for your goals. You MUST move more and eat less to loose weight. There is NO pill or drink that will do the hard work for you!

2 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

It sounds horrible but beneficial. I've used the colon cleanse products and swear by them.

Ang said...

Awesome - thank you!