Friday, August 08, 2008

Well worth the effort!


Today was hard, plain and simple! I had to really push through,but I am glad I did. I had NO energy despite my day off yesterday, I felt completely zapped but I took it one step at a time and made it through and for that I am SO proud of myself!!  

Workout 1 - Partial Cathe Drill Max DVD along with 36 mins of slow treadmill running between drills. 63 mins of cardio combined with 20 mins of strength training drills - used 11 and 17.5 lb dumbbells, which are heavier than I have used before in this workout, but it gave me a good challenge.  

Strength Training circuits - 
In warm up performed 15 pushups 
Drill 1 - performed drill twice with 11 lb dumbbells  
Drill 2 - band work and push ups - dive bombers-12 core pushups -12  
Drill 3 - bicep work with 17.5 lb dumbbells on balance ball  
Drill 4 - balance ball with 11 lb. dumbbells and 20 pushups with hands only on balance ball.  

Total time - 83 mins  
Calories burned - 738  
AHR - 72% Zone 3 , MHR - 88% Zone 4  
Push ups - 59  

Workout 2 - 60 mins of Yoga/ core work -  

20 mins of Rodney Yee Power Yoga DVD  
20 mins of Segment 2 - Cathe Core Max DVD - Balance ball work 
20 mins of Baron Baptiste Core Power Yoga DVD  

Total time - 60 mins  
Calories burned - 215  AHR - 51% Zone 1, MHR - 68% Zone 2  

Totals for the day -  
Time - 143 mins  
Calories burned - 953 
Caloric deficit - 800

No comments: