Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bali and Thailand here we come!!


I will not be posting on here for the next 3 weeks as we are finally leaving for our big vacation to Bali and to Koh Samui, Thailand! I am so excited!!! All my hard work has paid off as I feel stronger, leaner and in better shape than I have been since I was 18 years old!! The last time we were in Thailand 2 years ago, I was 53 pounds heavier. I did not want to be on the beach without a coverup and I was very self conscious of how I looked. This time there will be no cover up and I can go and enjoy all of the beach activities and feel confidant in how I look in my swimsuit. It is a big deal for me. I am tired of having to hide behind fabric, always thinking about my weight. That is what I did for years, well I say no more, I want to get out there and live it up! I still have allot of work ahead of me when I get back. I have several goals that I want to reach before the end of the year, but I know that I will reach them if I work hard enough! 

I will be taking my HRM with me on our trip and I assure you I will keep working out while we are gone. I have even made a list of goals to reach for while we are on our trip to ensure I stay on track! Yes, I will treat myself, but I want to be active and feel good about what I did, because soon it will be time to get back into my routine and measure and weigh again. 

Goals for our vacation - 

1. To burn at least 6,000 calories while on our trip through strength training and cardio. 
2. To continue to lift at least 3 times a week. 
3. To watch my portion sizes and be mindful of empty calories!! 

I will be logging my calories burned and workouts in a notebook and will report back with what I have done. I will not be logging my foods in terms of a caloric deficit each day, however I will be watching closely the portion sizes and types of food I am eating. 

The resorts we are staying at have amazing fitness facilities and I plan to take advantage of them! One of the resorts we are staying at is a health resort. There will be chefs to customize our meals however we wish, personal trainers, yoga/pilates instructors..etc. So I can tell you I really will be focused on keeping this vacation one in which we have an amazing time but one that I can come back from and feel great about how well I did!! 

I want to thank everyone for your support over these past 12 weeks that I was getting ready for this trip! It was worth every second of hard work! I want to say a special thanks to my Loosing the Weight in 08 group and our amazing leader Shawna. The idea for the group Olympics really challenged me to take my workouts up a notch and helped get me ready for this trip! I look forward to coming back and starting a new challenge! 2009 will be here before we know it so I want to work hard and make the most of 2008 while I still can!! 

My best to each of you - see you September 17th! 

5 comments:

Dee said...

Have a great vacation! You have certainly earned it by your hard work and dedication. You are such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Bren Haas said...

I am so very happy for you dear friend. As I read about what you have accomplished and how much you love the healthy lifestyle I can feel the energy. I know you will have a wonderful time and I hope you will share this journey with those of us who may never be as lucky as you are to travel a far so freely.

When I took a break from my tomato canning this afternoon to check your blog it was extremely refreshing to look at the beach scene. Do the beaches really look white?

The 'Totally Midwest Gal' wishing you a great 3 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!! Post some picts! When you get back, could you do a posting for your suggestions for us coverup people on how to get started on a toning program? :P

Anonymous said...

djlqnpihg http://crush-the-castle.com Crush The Castle

Anonymous said...

Hi, i simply needed to come here to let you know of a very cheap service that posts comments similar to this on millions of Wordpress blogs. Just why you might ask, well you might want to sell something and target webmasters or simply just improve the amount of backlinks your website has that will increase your Google rankins which will then bring your web site much more visitors and cash. Take a fast take a look at this web site for more info. http://hellomotow.net/backlinks