Monday, August 04, 2008

Weekly Plan - August 4th - August 10th

I now have only 3 weeks until we leave and I am more determined than ever to make the most of this time. I need to be smart however and NOT over train so that I can be active and enjoy my vacation to its fullest! 

This weeks plan is a little different in that I will be giving myself a break from my longer cardio workouts and will be focused on strength training and core work. I want to shock my body this week , I want to awaken my metabolism and give my body a challenge different than what I have become accustomed to. 

My motivation for the week - 

"I shall shape my future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me. Or I can be lost in the maze. My choice. My responsbility. Win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny." -Anonymous 

Goals for the week of Aug 4th - Aug 10th - 

1. Wake up my body - morning 16 oz of water before eating 
2. Yoga and Pilates - at least 30 mins a day - 5 days 
3. No bread even whole grained, milk or processed foods of any kind. 
4. 5 days of cardio, 4 days of strength training, 4 days of core work. 
5. Maintain 500 - 800 caloric daily deficit. 

Monday August 4th - 

Workout 1 - Morning Balance ball pilates DVD - 30 mins 
Workout 2 - P90X Yoga - 60 mins 
Workout 3 - P90X Shoulders and Arms with ABX and 30 mins of incline pyramid intervals. 

Tuesday August 5th - 

Workout 1 - Morning Run outside 45 mins 
Workout 2 - Power yoga with Rodney Yee DVD - 45 mins 
Workout 3 - P90X Legs and Back with 30 mins of incline pyramid intervals and push up/chest work. 

Wednesday August 6th - 

Workout 1 - Morning Balance ball pilates DVD - 30 mins 
Workout 2 - P90X Yoga - 45 mins 
Workout 3 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps with 30 mins of treadmill intervals and Butts and Guts DVD - Ab work 

Thursday August 7th - 

Workout 1 - Morning Run outside 45 mins 
Workout 2 - Power yoga with Rodney Yee DVD - 45 mins 
Workout 3 - Back and Biceps with 30 mins of treadmill intervals. 

Friday August 8th - 

Workout 1 - Morning Run outside 45 mins 
Workout 2 - P90X Core Synergistics 
Workout 3 - Butts and Guts DVD - all segments with 30 mins of incline pyramid intervals. 

Saturday August 9th - 

Workout 1 - Drill Max DVD - all segments or morning 45 min run. 

Sunday August 10th - 

Day off!!! 

Ok, so this is the plan. Now it is up to me to get out there and MAKE IT HAPPEN!! I say we press on, stay strong and always remember to take it one day at a time. Forget about what happened last week, or last month and focus on what you can do TODAY to take you another step closer to your goal. You have been given a clean slate this morning - a chance to start over! Do not waste another second - get out there and LIVE UP TO YOUR POTENTIAL! ! 

No comments: