Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tough day, but I made it through.

Oh if ever there was a day where I did not want to do my run, it was today. I woke up this morning and my legs where sore, not too bad, but I was feeling it.  I knew that today's plan was to do sprints and that is the last thing I wanted to do. But as always if you want to reach a goal you have to work through your good and bad days, and so I did!! 

Workout 1 - Sprint drills - 10 sprints alternating 1 min and 2 min sprints with slow running intervals in between except for 3 short walking intervals between sets. 

Total time - 47 mins 
Calories burned - 500 
HR - Avg. 80% Zone 4, Max - 96% Zone 5 
Fitness note - Hard day.  Ran strong up until sprint number 8, then I really started to feel out of it, but I pushed through! 

Workout 2 - P90X Shoulders and Arms - used mostly lighter weights with high reps alternating heavier sets with low reps. 
  • Alternating shoulder presses - 17 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • In and out bicep curls - 50 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Two arm tricep kickbacks - 24 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Deep swimmers press - 30 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Full supination concentration curls -  30 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells then alternating to heavy with 16 reps with 25 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Chair dips - 40 reps 
  • Upright rows - 30 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Static arm curls -  23 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells then alternating to heavy with 20 reps with 25 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Flip grip twist tricep kickbacks - 20 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Seated two angle shoulder flys - 32 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Crouching Cohen curls - 45 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells 
  • Lying down tricep extensions - 50 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • In and out straight arm shoulder flys - 32 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Congdon curls - 21 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells then alternating heavy with 10 reps with 25 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Side tri- rises - 50 reps. 
Total time -  46.20 mins 
Calories burned - 330 
HR - Avg. 64% Zone 2, Max - 81% Zone 4 
Fitness note - Good day of lifting. I like the combination of lifting heavy weights with low reps and then light weights and higher reps. Glad I was able to do the bonus round today! Last P90X workout of the week and I felt strong. Looking forward to Fridays full body weight workout for a nice variation. 

Totals for the day - 
Time - 93.20 mins 
Calories burned - 830 
Caloric deficit - 500
Fitness note - Glad I pushed through today because now I feel like I accomplished so much! I am another day closer to meeting my goal. 

1 comment:

Lucy Mills said...

Wow - sounds very impressive to me!!