Saturday, July 05, 2008

Reflections week one p90X/running program!


How do I feel at this moment about last week? I feel tired, sore and triumphant! It was a short week as we where arriving home from our vacation but I am proud at how I jumped right in there and made the most of the week. I feel stronger this time around with P90X. Last time was in January and I will never forget the moment when my husband watched me as I could not do 3 "boy" pushups! What was I going to do? This whole program is heavily based on push ups. I did what I could for the first few weeks - I "pushed" through - literally!

Now it seems like such a distant memory and now pushups, yes, the boy kind, are all I do. It makes me cry to think about how far I have come. My only regret is that I was not documenting everything as in detailed as I am now with my weight lifitng. Those of you from spark know that I am a logging nut! But I never really sat down and wrote out what weight and reps I was doing in January. Yes, I know Tony Horton from P90X pounds it into your head to write it out, but I did not. I was logging my calories, runs, pushups...etc.. but I needed to do more.

Accountability is a powerful tool. It has been a key factor in my success so far. I am very excited at the possibilities that lie before me and I am looking forward to using this site as a vehicle in which I will be able to record this amazing journey that I am on.

I have so far to go. I am not even close to being who I know I can become. It is not about a size or a certain weight. It is about achieving something I never thought was possible. Where will I be in a year? I can say that I have no idea but I will be stronger, leaner, faster and wiser. I will be able to look back at this time and know that each entry, each workout, was a stepping stone that got me to the place I dreamed of.

I could not do this without the love and support of my family and friends. Micah, you are my heart. I can not go a day without your encouragement. I love it when you come home and you make the time to sit with me, before doing anything else and we review everything that I have done. To see you so proud of how far I have come makes me want to do more! I am changing my life one day at a time. I want to be my very best for you, I want to be healthy for you. Thank you my love for the fitness charts you make me, for helping with my measurements each week, for all the cheering and motivation as I run on the treadmill - everything I do is because of your love and support.

It is hard being away from home and my daily fitness chats with my Mom and Dad constantly give me motivation and help get me through another day. Thank you both for all that you do for me. Dad, thank you for sitting with me and working out my running plan. Mom, thank you for always being my "Skype"cheerleader and best friend. I can not wait to buy those size 4/5's with you! To my spark family as I call you, thank you so much! You guys are so important to me, you will never know how blessed I am to have each of you in my life!

Week one down...seven to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
You have no idea what your calls mean to us and how very proud we are of you. You're our encouragement and we thank you for it. Keep it up forever. We love you.