Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One day at a time!

Workout 1 - 10 min warm up walk, followed by a 70 min run and a 3 min cool down walk. 

Total time - 83 mins
Calories burned - 968
HR - Avg. 84% Zone 4, Max - 96% Zone 5 
Fitness note -  Today was my longest non-stop run I have had to date!! It was another hot day outside but it felt good to be out there enjoying every minute of this beautiful day. I ran to my usual motivating music as well as a 40 min Itrain program. This really helped me pace myself today. What a wonderful run this was!  

Workout 2 - P90X Core Synergistics  
  • Stacked foot/staggered pushups - 15 reps 
  • Banana rolls - side to stomach to side hold 5 sec each - 2 reps
  • Leaning crescent lunges with 7 lb. dumbbells - 24 reps 
  • Squat runs - 60 secs with 11 lb. dumbells. 
  • Sphinx pushups/ close grip to plank - 15 reps 
  • Bow to boat - 5 reps. 
  • Low lateral skaters - 25 reps 
  • Lunge and reach  - 40 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Prison cell pushups/ core pushups with knee raise to standing position - 13 reps 
  • Side hip raise - 25 reps. 
  • Sumo Squat with w press - 30 reps with 11 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Plank run - 60 sec. 
  • Walking planks front and back  - 4 reps
  • Superman to Banana - 60 sec
  • Deep lunge to kickback, curl and press - 20 reps with 7 lb. dumbbells. 
  • Towel hoppers/ side to side plyo jump - 60 sec. 
  • Plank and reach pushups -  8 reps. 
  • Dreya rolls - did not complete,  I was so tired! 
Total time -  53 mins 
Calories burned - 383
HR - Avg. 65%, Zone 2, Max - 91%  Zone 5 
Fitness note - What a great core workout this was! I was so tired towards the end that on the last move I literally was stuck on the floor unable to jump up.....those of you who have done this know what I mean!! LOL! It was so funny because my body was like jello and I could not get off of the floor. I started laughing and knew it was time to cool down. Needless to say I did not do the bonus round, I will have to make that a goal for next time! 

Totals for the day - 
Time - 136 mins 
Calories burned - 1,351
Caloric deficit - 800. 
Fitness note - Overall it was an amazing day! I feel exhausted but accomplished! 




No comments: