Thursday, February 02, 2012

We are here in our new home!

We are finally in our new home here in Norway and could not be happier! The house itself is wonderful and the view alone makes you want to be here forever....though we would miss our family like crazy :) I am going to try and write as much as I can soon, though my online time I feel is about to decrease significantly. To be honest, there is just so much to do here! But I will still blog my daily workouts and so on.

The movers came yesterday and unloaded our shipment from the US and now it is time to organize and set up everything like we want. It is going slow but it is fun. The home is on 3 levels and so I am getting my workout moving things from each floor in addition to loading items around the back staircase that takes you to the laundry room. I am choosing to see this as my workout time since I am so busy this week. I will take a moment later to get in some pushups and such but for now, I am beat with just everything we are doing. I do need to run however - BAD! I feel as if my mind is truly going to explode if I can not get out there and burn off some serious calories.

This morning was a good one.....started off with my Vitamineral Green, 1/2 of a grapefruit and some TVP with Chia seeds.  I will get in a good Vega shake later on and then for dinner we are having a raw salad with Salmon.

I feel so blessed we were able to find this place and that we can live here for our time in Norway.

I am sitting here blogging listening to Sigma from Secret Garden and looking out at the beauty that is all around me............I feel such a wonderful sense of peace right now.  This is a view from our couch in the living room......I just love it!



Thank you Lord for this beautiful morning and this gift that is my life. To serve you, to honor you and to make the most of this time.......

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I feel a sense of peace just looking at that photo! I'll miss your 'daily life' update, but I understand the important of living your life instead of writing about it.

You've always provided me with inspiration, but these last two weeks, more so than usual. My eating is tight and clean and when I want to falter, I come back to your page, read an entry or two and the quote that you last posted. So, thank you.

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh said...

I'm so happy the transition is going well and everything arrived in one piece! (Well I'm assuming you'd share any shipping horror stories! HA!)

Enjoy that wonderful view. I'm so jealous. This winter is really sucking here girl. I don't think we'll get ANY ski/snowshoe time in this year at all if the weather continues this way. We might as well move to our land in Hawaii! I'm sure moving all of that stuff will more than count as exercise!

Miss youuuuuu!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
What a gift and inspiration you are to follow! I have been reading your blog here and on Sparkpeople for about 2 1/2 years or better now. I normally don't take the time to chime in, yet I am deeply motivated, awed, inspired, and geeked when I come to your page and catch a dose of your zest for life, joyfulness, thankfulness to God, and sheer determination and enthusiasm. It is contagious! I keep going back to past blogs of yours to learn and gain insight and wisdom for your hard work. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I also have a friend who is struggling (and has been for years) with losing weight (and it negatively has impacted her health) who just started coming to exercise classes with my in January. I am elated! I just gave her your blog info. and shared that you are an inspiration a fellow Christian and goal oriented health and fitness mentor. I hope she checks your site out! Praise God for you and your story, inspiration, and gift of time, goals and accomplishments!!! Smiles, Karen

Becca's Dirt said...

Lucky you to have such a beautiful view. I know it's a lot of work getting everything where you want it. Sounds like a good workout with all those levels in your home. I know it's beautiful. Looking forward to your outdoor workouts with the camera in hand.

Marcelle said...

We.come to Norway and your new home, will be following your journey as a South African from Cape Town, but now living in Germany where my biggest challenge is the language!

Mommy of three---Fighting to Believe said...

Have fun setting up everything! You will burn ALOT of calories!! :) *btw in case you didn't relize but i am Raquel Blankenship from facebook :)