Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My knee injections start today....


I just spoke with the doctors office and I am going in today at 4 to receive my first of three injections of Hyaluronan. I am really hoping that the treatments will improve the pain and swelling due to my arthritis and soon I will be back to running and training for the many races I have coming up!

Because I am getting the injections today, I need to ease off of my workout schedule for a couple of days, in other words, more swimming and light biking, no walking/running. I will see how much the doctor will let me workout tomorrow but as it stands now, I think it will be an all swim day.

Off to do some Yoga and core work, maybe an easy ride on the LeMond later before my appointment. My ITB is pretty sore from yesterday so I do not want to go in to my Ortho all swollen and sore so I am taking it easy today.

VERY hopeful that relief is on its way.  I want you to imagine how it feels. I am motivated, willing and ready to train as hard as  I can. I am determined to do what it takes.  I have a husband who is my biggest fan and support willing to help me in any way. I have dreams, goals and some very big races  I have committed to and yet, every day  I feel as if there is this ONE limiting factor in my reaching my goals. I run through the pain, ice, take meds and then start the process all over again. I want to run PAIN FREE. I want to run FAST like I once did. I want to soar above my dreams and reach even higher than I ever thought was possible.  So imagine for a moment how it feels to have all this passion and determination bottled up inside and you will get an idea of how I feel right now.

I am ready.  I am willing and I WILL through Gods grace and strength MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

3 comments:

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh said...

Keeping my fingers crossed this will bring you the pain relief you're looking for!! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Sending good vibes my girl!!! you will be back at it in no time at all I'm sure!!!

Sandrelle said...

Jen, I feel your pain and hope this is the solution you have been looking for. Keep pushing, fighting, reaching! Hugs and healing vibes :)