Tuesday, March 29, 2011

As requested....The Cookbook Blog!

I cannot tell you how many people have asked me for the names of cookbooks that I use. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond. The fact is I have a TON of cookbooks but do not always use recipes from them. I will get ideas then take it and make the dish my own. I love to cook, I would say it is my greatest hobby, and so for me it is a joy to experiment. Here are a few of my favorite cookbooks, both healthy and some not so much!! :) 

You can always take a dish and make it as healthy as you want, you just need to be creative. Oil can be substituted with Vegetarian or chicken broth, Braggs Aminos can be used instead of soy sauce. Dijon mustard or greek yogurt can be used instead of mayonaise....you get the picture. Be creative and see what happens! 




My favorite health cookbooks at the moment are...... 
The Eat Clean Diet 
Power Foods 
The Cancer Fighting Kitchen 
Veganomicon 
Healthiest Foods on Earth 
Color Me Vegan 



A few of my go to cookbooks with amazing recipes which I modify are..... 

Madhur Jaffrey's Indian 
Classic Turkish by Algar 
Jamies Italy 
Williams Sonoma The World Kitchen 
Malaysia and Singapore by Basan and Tan 
Thai by Bastrya 
The Food of India 













 



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Your food pics always look spectacular. Did you count calories during your weight loss journey? I'd love to know your strategy.
Stacey

Lori Lynn said...

I love your quote that you have at the top of your page!
Thanks for the cookbook ideas. :-)

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh said...

I do the same thing. Take a recipe and tweak it to make it my own. I'll have to go to the library to see if they carry any of these. It'll give me an excuse to go!