Monday, April 20, 2009

Workout Results 4/20-

Today was a wonderful, but crazy day!! This morning I finished a great workout at the gym, came home to refuel, then get on my bike for my next workout. While airing up the tires to a higher psi for my ride, I noticed there was a tear in the tire. Well, it busted! I had to go to the bike store and get a new tire. I know these things happen but it threw my schedule off a bit. Anyways, I came home and decided to ride tomorrow and today I would do another run outside instead. So it was not quite what I planned but nevertheless, it was a wonderful day!

Every day I am seeing results in one form or another and that is extremely motivating for me! My strength is increasing and my form while lifting is solid, this is something I am constantly working on as form is so important. My post ST run was good... no pain in my knee or my shin so therefore the run was a success!

Totals for the day -
Time - 159 mins
Calories burned - 1,684
Calories consumed - 1,979

Workout 1 - ST with 2 mile run
Time - 118 mins
Calories burned - 1,181

Bicep curls - 3 sets of 16 reps with 27.5 lb DBs

Standing lateral raise while leaning on wall - 3 sets of 8 reps with 15 lb DBs for each arm

Leaning lateral raises on balance ball - 3 sets of 10 reps with 10 lb DBs for each arm

Leaning front raises on balance ball - 3 sets of 15 reps with 10 lb DBs for each arm

Reverse flys on balance ball - 6 sets -
3 sets of 8 reps with 10 lb DBs
3 sets of 15 reps with 5 lb DBs

Lat pulldowns - 3 sets
6 reps at 120 lbs
10 reps at 105 lbs
10 reps at 105 lbs

BB rows - 3 sets of 12 reps with a 60 lb BB

Runners curls - 40 reps with 15 lb DBs

Boxing with DBs - 40 reps with 15 lb DBs

Plank rows - 3 sets of 16 reps with 17.5 lb DBs

Squat to shoulder press - 3 sets -
10 reps with 25 lb DBS
10 reps with 22.5 lb DBs
10 reps with 22.5 lb DBs

Horizontal cable body chops - 4 sets total - 3 sets of 10 reps at 40 lbs for each side and ending the last set with one set of single arm chops, 8 reps for each arm at 20 lbs.

Laying down two arm tricep extensions - 3 sets of 10 reps with 15 lb DBs

Tricep overhead cable extensions - 3 sets of 12 reps at 80lbs

Hanging crunch - 5 sets of 10 reps

Seated rows - 3 sets of 10 reps at 105 lbs

DB Chest press - 3 sets
15 reps with 30 lb DBs
10 reps with 35 lb DBs
10 reps with 35 lb DBs

DB flys - 3 sets of 10 reps with 17.5 lb DBs

Post ST run - 2 miles
Time - 19:00 mins/ Avg pace - 9.50 mm

Workout 2 - 3.6 miles with a few hills
Time - 3 mile run - 31.35/ Avg pace - 10:32mm
.60 mile cool down - 10 mins
Calories burned - 503

6 comments:

erin said...

That's great, Jen! I'm so jealous of your running time. I can't even do a 12 minute mile right now! One day, though. :)

Robert said...

Sounds like you are in great shape.
Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Great workout!!! Sorry to hear about the busted tire, but tomorrow is another day!

melissa said...

I found you on Spark awhile back..and you are such an inspiration to me! I read your blog every morning while eating my Special K!! =)

I was curious to why you don't have your food log on Spark pages public?

Have a wonderful week!!

Melissa

Jen's Journey said...

Hi Melissa!

I do not use spark for logging my foods. I use a site called myfooddiary.com and love it!!

I was using this site before spark, so I am used to the system and all my foods are logged there so it is easy for me.

Thanks for reading my blog!

Jen

Jennifer Harrison said...

Hi Jen! You are doing so great and it is nice to see results all the time, isn't it? :)) yippe! Keep up the good work!