Monday, April 27, 2009

What a great day!! Workout results 4/27

I just had the most amazing day! It all started this morning with a wonderful 18 mile bike ride followed by a one mile run. Then I headed off to the gym for my cross training and ST. My knee held in there today and I had no pain, my shin was ok, but not perfect. I am going to need to make sure I stretch and ice big time today so that I can complete my workouts this week pain free if possible.

I felt better on the bike today, I am getting used to the roads and I can tell I am getting stronger especially biking up the hills. My post bike run was my fastest time ever for a brick workout and it was with hills! I can see a big difference in my recovery getting off of the bike and making the transition to the run. I guess this is why we train! Practice makes perfect, right?!

I am just so excited about my workouts today. My fastest bike ride with hills, my fastest brick workout and my highest calorie burn! What a great way to start the week!!

Pressing on another day....

4/27 - Morning brick workout followed by ST and cross training at the gym

Totals for the day -
Time - 191 mins
Calories burned - 2,037
Calories consumed - 2,078

Goals for the day -
1. Drink 1 gallon of water each day -done
2. Log all foods - done
3. Ice knee/shin 3 times for 20 mins - done
4. Take all vitamins and supplements - done
5. Stretch and use foam roller each night for at least 15 mins -done

Workout 1 - 18.08 mile bike ride with hills - 66.52 mins/ Avg speed - 16.2 mph Max speed - 26.2 mph
Post bike one mile run with hills - 9:36 mins

Total time for workout 1 -
Time - 90 mins ( time includes warm up, stop lights, transition from bike to run and cool down) Ride and run time - 75.88
Calories burned - 1,002 ( tracked with Polar RS 400)

Workout 2 - ST and cross training cardio

Bicep curl to shoulder press - 3 sets -
10 reps with 22.5 lb DBs
10 reps with 17.5 lb DBs
10 reps with 17.5 lb DBs

Squat to shoulder press - 3 sets of 10 reps with 17.5 lb DBs

One arm DB rows - 5 sets of 10 reps for each arm with one 30 lb DB

Wide grip lat pulldowns - 3 sets
12 reps at 120 lbs
10 reps at 120 lbs
8 reps at 120 lbs

Seated rows - 3 sets
10 reps at 135 lbs
8 reps at 135 lbs
10 reps at 105 lbs

Bent over reverse flys - 3 sets of 10 rep for each arm with one 10 lb DB

Rervese flys on balance ball - "T" to "I" position - 3 sets of 10 reps with 5 lb DBs

Leaning lateral raise - 3 sets
10 reps with one 15 lb DB for each arm
10 reps with one 10 lb DB for each arm
10 reps with one 10 lb DB for each arm

Leaning front raise - 3 sets of 10 reps for each arm with one 10 lb DB

Pushups - 100 reps
Standard - 50 reps
Bosu ball - 30 reps
Walking staggered hands - 10 reps
Spidermans - 10 reps

Mountain climbers on bosu ball - 3 sets of 20 reps

Cross body mountain climbers on bosu ball - 3 sets of 20 reps

Post ST cross training - 38 mins
Elliptical - 22 mins
Tread - 16 mins of running intervals - 7.5 to 8.0 mph

Totals for workout 2 -
Time - 101 mins
Calories burned - 1,035

1 comment:

Bren Haas said...

Just a short note to let you know I stopped by. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!
I have to figure out where I am heading with fitness. I know I need to get more weight off but I am just losing track of what direction to take. Hoping to find my 'thing' soon and just DO IT!

Happy Monday - You are going to do great in your race.