Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Workout results 12/8

I did really well today but I will tell you this, I am TIRED! I mean totally exhausted, but in the best way you can imagine! I feel like I really pushed it and worked hard, reached my goals and now I can rest in knowing that I did my best! I love that feeling. I walked 8.2 miles today!

It is crunch time for me in many ways. First the holidays are here and I need to continue to watch my foods and stay active or I can see my weight gain getting out of control VERY easily. Second, this weight gain time for the baby. This morning I received 2 emails, one from What to Expect and the other was from Fit Pregnancy. It was a email regarding my 23rd week which is this week, here is what it said.....

From Fit Pregnancy, "Weighing in at a pound, and at eight inches long, your baby is starting to really look like a baby! You can compare her size to a box of sugar or a bag of coffee beans. Her skin is filling out as the first layers of fat are deposited and her muscles grow. During the next month, her weight may almost double."

What to Expect, "At eight inches and slightly over a pound, your baby is the size and shape of a small doll when you are 23 weeks pregnant. (But then, you already knew that you were carrying a living doll, didn't you?) This week marks the beginning of some serious weight gain. Your baby's weight in the next four weeks alone should double (and you may feel as though yours is too)."

Ok, so I knew this was coming, and I love that fact that my baby girl is going to grow so much over the next 4 weeks. Now, if I continue walking and eating well I can easily handle the one pound a week suggested weight gain at this point. However if I give into holiday treats too much and get lazy, that one pound a week could easily turn into a 2 pound a week gain. My overall goal has always been to gain 25 - 35 pounds during this pregnancy, as of now I am on track to gain 25 or so but that is if I continue to stay on track! I have to treat this as if I was training for one of my triathlons. I make goals, I follow a specific plan and I work hard to do my best.

Now having said this, I am resting tonight after my walk today and tomorrow I am treating myself to another prenatal massage! I deserve it!

We are going tonight to pick up our crib! They called yesterday and said it was in. Here is a picture of it along with the color of pink we are doing for her walls!



Now, if I know my husband he will want to go out and celebrate after we pick up the crib! He celebrates every moment, I love it! So I will have to come back later and edit my calories as I have not logged dinner. Calories posted are those consumed before 4:38 pm....

Daily Goals from 12/7 -
1. Drink at least 128 oz of water a day - 128 oz DONE!
2. Complete scheduled workout for each day - 8.2 miles DONE!
3. Log all foods and stay within range - (1,800 - 2,000)- 1,155 calories consumed so far...
4. Consume at least 30 grams of fiber a day - will report back after dinner
5. Consume at least 80 grams of protein a day - will report back after dinner

Today's workout - 8.2 mile walk!!!
Time - 139 mins
Calories burned - 840

Breakdown of walk - I had to take water and bathroom breaks! What can I say, I am almost 6 months pregnant and I drink a ton of water! Ha!
AM walk - 2.3 miles
Lunch
Afternoon walk - 2.08 then water break followed by another 2.2 miles
Late Afternoon walk - 1.6 miles for a total of 8.2 miles

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Looks like a beautiful crib. How exciting!

erin said...

That crib is GORGEOUS. And you are doing so well!

Nikki Bond said...

Ok so all I can think when I'm reading you're blog is " man she must pee a lot!" haha. My goal is 64 oz a day and I struggle with that and pee like every half hour! But pregnant and 128? Wow!!