Sunday, December 27, 2009

My goals for 2010!

"I shall shape my future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me. Or I can be lost in the maze. My choice. My responsibility. Win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny." - Og Mandino

I am getting a jump start on my 2010 goals! This next year is a HUGE one for me in many ways. First of all my life is about to change in the most amazing way!! We are excepting our little girl April 8th. Our life will never be the same and we cannot wait to meet her!

I have so many goals that I want to accomplish in 2010 and it will require a great deal of planning, patience and consistency on my part. It will not be easy to workout in the beginning as I will have to plan out my runs, swims and bike rides far more than before...BUT, it can be done! I have a gym here in my house with a treadmill so on days when I cannot get out with my baby jogger, I can hit the treadmill for a few miles. My husband has told me on weekends he can take our little girl for a walk in the stroller while I get some miles in outside either through running or biking. For my swims, I will have to hit the pools while she is in day care or my husband is watching her at night or on the weekends. The gyms here have a great day care center so that may be my best option once she is at least 4 months old or so.

Well, here it goes. I am stating it here as you know how accountability motivates me!!! My big goal for 2010 is to swim, bike and run/walk 2,010 miles!! That is right, I am reaching for 2,010 in 2010!! I CAN DO THIS!!!! Starting January 1st, my miles will begin. I will not be able to bike and run until after I give birth early April/late March but for now I can walk!

In terms of my weight training I am going back to what worked so well for me back in Russia where I lost all my weight...CATHE and P90X!!!! Both dvds were extremely helpful to me and it is time to start them again! Cathe's Butts and Guts and Drill Max are some of the best dvds I have used and let's face it, they are just so much FUN! I also have her STS series which is a very intense weight training program sure to get me back on track. P90x is just the best and results WILL HAPPEN with this program, trust me! I just love it!! So while my sweetie is napping or sitting with me in her swing or bouncer, I will be doing plyo and pushups . I am sure she is going to look at me like I am crazy but someday she will understand!

So here it goes! Here's to a year of amazing blessings, loosing weight and reaching goals!

Personal Goals for 2010 -
1. Do everything I can to be the best Mother and Wife I can be.
2. Focus on keeping a strong relationship with God and to read the Bible more
3. Continue to keep in touch with my family. Write more and call often.
4. Try every day to make a difference in a someones life.


Weight Loss and Fitness Goals for 2010 -
1. Swim, Bike and Run/Walk 2,010 miles in 2010!!
2. Complete at least 2 sprint triathlons
3. Return back to pre baby weight and loose an additional 10 pounds
4. Run the Dallas White Rock Half December 2010

5 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Those are some great goals! 2,010 in 2010! How awesome are you!?! :)

Nikki Bond said...

Awesome goals!! So excited fir you, sounds like 2010 is going to be an amazing year!

Krissa said...

That is a cool goal...the 2010 in 2010! I have no doubt that you will do it. Probably go way over :)

Learning to be Less said...

Wow! This is a great post. I have been following your blog for a while. I am so glad I found it. I am losing weight so that I can have a healthy pregnancy someday soon so it is awesome that you are helping pave the way.

I wanted to ask you something, if you don't mind. I am doing P90X right now. I am in week 6 of the 12 week program. It is hard but I love it. You are right, it gives results. My question to you is did you follow the whole plan? Their food plan would have had me consuming too many calories and I really love my cardio classes so I do their weight training and Ab Ripper X and lots of my own cardio.

Just curious how things worked for you. If you don't mind sharing. I appreciate any advice - especially since I am getting close to crossing into maintenance.

You are doing a FANTASTIC job!!

Dennille (ccferg21@gmail.com)
http://learningtobeless.blogspot.com/

Bren Haas said...

These are wonderful goals for the new year.... it will be a wonderful year of new beginnings for you!
(((HUGS)))