I am refreshed and ready to get going this week with some killer workouts! I miss desperately my super long 2-3 hour workout days that preceded my knee injury, but I understand the need to heal and recover properly. I also need to remember that going all out each and every day will most of the time do more harm then good. So I am going to stick to the Intermediate running plan that I followed last week.
This weekend I was able to increase my intervals to 7.0 mph on the tread. I have not ran intervals at that pace for some time as I have been trying to slow it down for my knee. I am hoping to increase the intervals this week to 7.5 - 8.0 mph but as always I will have to listen to my body and see if I can push it without overextending myself.
So now after the relaxing weekend it is time to get back to business! Here is my plan for the rest of this week -
- Wednesday November 5th - Full body ST with elliptical/tread intervals
- Thursday November 6th - 30 min slow run on the tread.
- Friday November 7th - Full body ST with elliptical/tread intervals
- Saturday November 8th - 30 min slow run on the tread.
- Sunday November 9th - Day off