My ST workout today was by far my hardest ever. My arms really do feel as if they are going to fall off!! It was great, but I am having to fight for the last 3 reps or so, I mean really fight for it! I am still getting used to the 8 -10 rep range, so I am constantly having to change the weights of my DBs to try and get the exact weight I need to maximize lifting as much as possible. Towards the end of the workout my arms started burn in a way that I have not felt in so long. My bicep muscles where absolutely drained! As I was fatigued, my form started to break and I really had to focus on staying strong with my form to the end. This is something I need to work on next time. Also I need to remember to breathe! Why do we want to hold our breath when we are lifting heavy? :)
I am so proud of myself today. I was able to walk this morning, my knee is slowly getting better and I had a great ST session. Today I can rest in knowing that I did all that I could to take myself another step closer towards meeting my goals!
Daily goals -
Drink 20 oz of water before breakfast - done
Take all supplements and vitamins - done
Stay within caloric range of the day - done
Drink at least 128oz of water throughout the day - done
Knee exercises/stretches and ice knee at least 4 times a day - done
Workout 1 - Morning walk before breakfast.
Total time - 55.21 mins
Calories burned - 365
AHR - 121/63% MHR - 155/81%
Workout 2 - P90X Back and Biceps.
Total time - 66.53 mins
Calories burned - 638
AHR -144/75% MHR - 182/95%
P90X Back and Biceps -
- Wide front rack pull-ups - 8 reps
- Lawnmowers (one arm bent over rows) - 8 reps for each arm with one 48 lb DB.
- Standard 21's - 21 reps with 42.7 lb BB.
- One arm cross body curls - 8 reps with each arm with 31.3 lb DBs.
- Switch grip rack pull-ups - 8 reps
- Elbows out lawnmowers (one arm rows with elbow out to side) - 10 reps with each arm with one 37 lb DB.
- Standing bicep curl - 15 reps with 42.7 BB.
- Bent over one arm concentration curls - 12 reps with each arm with 17.6 lb DBs
- Corn Cob rack Pull-up - 6 reps
- Reverse grip bent over rows - 15 reps with 65 lb BB.
- Two arm open curls - 12 reps with 25.5lb DBs
- Static arm curl - 16 reps with 25.5 lb DBs
- Towel rack pull-ups - 6 reps
- Congdon locomotive - 40 reps with 25.5 lb DBs
- Crouching Cohen curl - replaced this with standard curls with BB - 15 reps with 42.7 lb BB.
- One arm corkscrew curl - 10 reps with each arm with 25.5 lb DBs
- Rack chin-ups - 6 reps
- Seated bent over back fly - 23 reps with 11 lb DBs
- Two arm Curl up/hammer down - 6 reps with 31.3 lb DBs then, 10 reps with 25.5 lb DBs.
- Two arm hammer curls - 8 reps with 25.5 lb DBs
- Max rep rack pull-ups - 8 reps
- Supermans - 5 reps with 10 sec. hold.
- Two arm in and out hammer curls - 8 reps with 25.5 lb DBs
- Strip-set curls - 4 sets total -
- Set 1 - 8 reps with 42.7 lb BB
- Set 2 - 8 reps wtih 42.7 lb BB
- Set 3 - 8 reps of two arm curls with 25.5 lb DBs
- Set 4 - 8 reps with 42.7 lb BB.
Totals for the day -
Time - 121.74 mins
Calories burned - 1,003
Daily Intake -
Calories consumed - 1,636
Protein - 31%
Fat - 19%
Carbs - 50%
Meal 1 - 20 oz of water before breakfast. 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, 1 scoop of protein powder. 1/2 cup of muesli and 2 egg whites cooked into a pancake with 1.33 tbsp. of strawberry jam. 1 cup of black tea with milk.
Meal 2 - 1 serving of pumpkin custard (egg whites, pumpkin and honey) and 20 oz of water.
Meal 3 - 1 scoop of protein powder, 8 oz of water and 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries. 20 oz of water.
Meal 4 - 1.5 servings of homemade ground chicken chili with adobo peppers in chipotle sauce. 40 oz of water.
Meal 5 - 1/2 cup of muesli, 1/2 cup of yogurt and 1/2 apple. 1 scoop of protein powder with 8 oz of water and 1/2 cup of strawberries. 20 oz of water.