Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday...

Today was amazing! I worked hard and I feel great!! It was snowing today so my first instinct was to curl up and read a book, instead I made the most of this day and really pushed it! My weight training was awesome! I did all of my lifting in a circuit format which is very fast paced, moving from one set to another, working opposite muscle groups in each set. It really makes for a great burn in every way! My heart rate was consistently high throughout the entire workout and I can tell you as I type this that my arms are feeling this workout for sure!!

I miss working out with P90X but I enjoy making up these fun ST workouts!! I write out before hand what it is that I want to do then keep the sheet close by so that if I need to add changes I can do so. Sometimes I do more than planned and other days I can not lift as much as I wanted. Regardless, it is a set format in which I can easily follow and quickly from one set to another. I also line up my DBs so that I can transition from one move to another quickly. Again, the goal is to keep your HR up as you lift. Trust me - it works!!

Workout 1 - 32 min run with intervals,warm up 4.0 mph/2% incline to a high speed of 8.0 mph.

Total time - 32 mins
Calories Burned - 339
AHR - 152/79% MHR- 210/109%*
*HRM must have gone crazy for a second, or I was really working it at 8.0 mph :)

Workout 2 - Full body ST circuit with treadmill intervals. Warm up - Cathe Butts and Guts warm up with treadmill walk - 10 mins.

Chest and Tricep circuit - repeat for a total of 2 sets

Wide fly military push up -10 reps
Laying down tricep extensions - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs
DB flys - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs
Close grip military push ups - 10 reps
DB press - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs
Laying down tricep extensions - 15 reps with 17 DBs
Wide fly military push ups - 10 reps
DB flys - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs
DB press - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs
Close grip military push ups - 10 reps
Bench Dips - 15 reps

Rest for about 1-2 mins, then repeat entire set again! When done with the second set, get on tread for a 2 min interval - 3.7 mph @15% incline.

Bicep and Shoulder circuit - repeat for a total of 2 sets

Squat with bicep curl - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs
Squat with shoulder press - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs
Alternating hammer curls - 40 reps with 17 lb DBs
Two arm front shoulder raise - 10 reps with 17 lb DBs
Two arm side shoulder raise - 10 reps with 17 lb DBs
Standard bicep 21's - 21 reps with 17 lb DBs
Alternating standing shoulder press - 20 reps with 17 lb DBs

Rest for about 1-2 mins, then repeat entire set again!

Back and Glut circuit - repeat for a total of 2 sets

One arm DB rows - 12 reps for each arm with one 35 lb DB
One arm horizontal body chops with resistance band - 20 chops for each side
V glut squeezes on balance ball - 20 reps
Supermans - 20 reps
One arm DB rows - 12 reps for each arm with one 35 lb DB
Firehydrants - 50 reps for each leg

Rest for about 1-2 mins, then repeat entire set again! When finished with the second set get on tread for a cool down and interval set.

2 mins at 3.7 mph and 15% incline
2 mins at 3.7 mph and 10% incline
2 mins at 3.7 mph and 5% incline
2 mins at 3.7 mph and 0% incline and then stretch.

Total time - 77:04 mins
Calories burned - 789
AHR - 150/78% MHR - 179/93%
Pushups - 80 reps

Totals for the day -
Time - 109 mins
Calories burned - 1,128

Daily Intake - 11/5 -
Calories Consumed - 1,928
Protein - 32%
Fat - 18%
Carbs - 50%

Meal 1 - 5 egg whites scrambled with 3.5 oz of Chicken breast and 1/2 cup of brown rice. 2 cups of black and chi tea.

Meal 2 - 1/2 cup of oat mixture, 1/2 apple. 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt and 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds.

Meal 3 - 1/2 cup of homemade Plov - (brown rice, zucchini, carrots, onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and chicken breast grilled with garlic, olive oil and plov seasoning.) 1 tomato and 1 cucumber with 1 tbsp of Newmans light dressing. 1/2 apple with 1 tsp. of almond butter.

Meal 4 - 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries with 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 cup of milk.

Meal 5 - 1 cup of Plov and 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries. 1 scoop of protein powder and water.

Meal 6 - 1/2 cup of oat mixture, 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt and 1/2 apple.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That looks like an awesome workout. I think I am going to have to try it.
Thanks for posting it.

You are truly amazing!

Kelly Olexa said...

Hey Chica! Snow already! Whoa! But we are getting down to 42 Friday. Are you solely working out at home? I'm curious which of my girlfriends are doing home workouts and which do gym only, just curious. I've done both.
;-)
K