Friday, November 21, 2008

Upper body circuit...

I lifted well today. I did one of my circuit workouts and once again it proved to be a great way to burn calories while lifting! Today was longer than some of my other circuits as I was having to change the weights of my DBs so that took a bit of time, but it also gave me a small rest between muscle groups so it worked well.  I finished the workout with a 10 min walk on the treadmill, I was aiming for 20 mins but I could feel my body was starting to fatigue and I needed to get my post workout shake in and fast!! 

I am pleased with how my program is shaping up despite the fact that I still can not run on the treadmill because of my knee. I am getting some great workouts in and I am seeing a difference in the mirror as well as with the measuring tape! That is encouraging! I just need to stay on course, and allow my knee to heal then I can get back to all those wonderful intervals and runs that I miss so much. 

I am looking forward to this weekend, it is my weekly free or cheat meal! Yea! I am really strict with my diet 6 days out of the week so I allow myself one day to indulge - but not too much!  For me my cheat day usually includes more oats and yogurt throughout the day which I love, sushi for lunch or dinner or soba noodles and of course my favorite treat goat cheese and whole grain bread!  For my sweet tooth I like to add dark chocolate, 85%!!  

Tomorrows workout will be leg work with some core and a walk. Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful, productive weekend! Work hard, reach high! 

Full Body Circuit with post workout walk on treadmill. Warm up - Cathe Drill max dvd - warm up set only. 

Push-ups - 3 sets of 10 reps - 90 reps total -
Close Grip push-up 
Spiderman push-up - (regular push-up then take one knee to the elbow on each side) 
Walking staggered hands push-up - ( one hand down low at chest level and the other staggered high above shoulders, then push down and come up then crawl forward into the next position and push down...repeat for 5 reps back and forward for a total of 10 reps)

DB flys -  4 sets alternating reps and weights - 
Set 1 and 2 - 15 reps with 19.8 lb DBs 
Set 3 and 4 - 8 reps with 25.5 lb DBs 

DB Key Press -  
3 sets of 10 reps with 25.5 lb DBs 

Standing DB shoulder press -
3 sets of 8 reps with 19.8 lb DBs.

DB upright rows - 
3 sets of 8 reps with a pair of 19.8 lb DBs 

Scapular retractions with resistance bands - 
3 sets of 12 reps 

Rear delt flys on balance ball - 
3 sets of 8 reps with 11 lb DBs 

One arm DB front raise - 
Set 1 - 8 reps with each arm with one 19.8 lb DB 
Set 2 - 10 reps with each arm with one 17.6 lb DB 
Set 3 - 15 reps with each arm with one 11 lb DB

One arm DB side raise - 
Set 1 - 10 reps with each arm with one 19.8 lb DB 
Set 2 - 12 reps with each arm with one 17.6 lb DB
Set 3 - 20 reps with each arm with one 11 lb DB

Laying down two arm tricep extensions and one legged bench dips - 3 double sets - 
Set 1 - 10 reps with a pair of 19.8 lb DBs, followed by 15 dips 
Set 2 - 8 reps with a pair of 19.8 lb DBs, followed by 15 dips 
Set 3 - 10 reps with a pair of 19.8 lb DBs, followed by 15 dips

Standing bicep BB curl - 
3 sets of 8 reps with 56 lb BB. 

Alternating bicep curls - 
2 sets of 16 reps (8 reps for each arm) with 31 lb DBs 

Alternating hammer curls - 
Set 1 - 12 reps ( 6 reps for each arm) with 31 lb DBs. 
Set 2 - 16 reps ( 8 reps each arm) with 25.5 lb DBs 

One arm DB rows - 
3 sets of 8 reps for each arm with one 47 lb DB

Bent over BB rows - 
Set 1 - 10 reps with 100 lb BB
Set 2 - 10 reps with 78 lb BB
Set 3 - 10 reps with 78 lb BB

Total time -  93 mins 
Calories burned - 917 
AHR - 146/76% MHR - 179/93%

Daily Goals - 
Drink 20 oz of water before breakfast - done 
Take all supplements and vitamins - done 
Stay within caloric range for the day - done 
Ice my knee at least 4 times a day - done 
Knee stretches/exercises - done 

Daily Intake - 
Calories consumed - 1,758
Protein - 35%
Fat - 19%
Carbs - 46%

Meal 1 - 1 cups of oats/muesli mix, 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1/2 apple, 1 tbsp. of ground flaxseeds. 3 bags of green tea with water and milk.  20 oz of water. 

Meal 2 - 1 scoop of protein powder, 8 oz of water, 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries. 

Meal 3 - 1 cup of milk, 1.5 scoop of protein powder and 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries. 

Meal 4 - 1 cup of white bean soup with a side of asparagus and broccoli. 40 oz of water. 

Meal 5 -  2 eggs and 1 egg white scrambled. 40 oz of water. 

Meal 6 - 2.5 cups of popcorn. 3 cups of decaf black tea with milk. 20 oz of water. 









 






2 comments:

Kelly Olexa said...

Hey girl - are you doing all TT or designing your own workouts? Just curious.
;-)
K

Krissa said...

I didnt realize you have lost so much weight! You need to post some pics. Have you already posted them somewhere on here? I went back a few pages but didnt see them. You are doing soooo good! There is a thread on beachbody, called Sisterhood that is just a bunch of girls doing P90X with a bunch of goals. Come be a part of it!