Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fitness and pregnancy update...

I am doing well this week. Am I on track in terms the workouts that I wanted to accomplish, well no, but I am staying consistent with working out each day but my workouts are not what I had planned.

I feel fantastic and my energy levels are high, I actually ran at a 10:30 pace this morning for a brief glorious minute. Then I slowed down to a 12 min mile with alternating walking at around a 17 - 18 minute mile. It felt great but I kept it short, only 21 minutes as the humidity was high here and I do not want to overheat. My second run/walk will be tonight for another 20 - 30 mins. Because the cold front is coming through tomorrow, I am changing my plan for this weekend as we want to be outside as much as possible.

Friday - Walk/run 3 miles
Saturday - Walk/run 6 miles
Sunday - Walk/run 3 miles

In terms of my nutrition, all is well. This morning I had a piece of Ezekiel bread with PB and organic skim milk along with fresh strawberries over Greek yogurt and wheat germ. For lunch today I am having a salad with canned chicken and cottage cheese along with a protein shake mid afternoon. Dinner tonight will be pinto beans with stone ground cornbread. I am looking forward this weekend to grilling and enjoying some seasonal foods such as pumpkin bread! I found a fantastic low calorie recipe that I am going to try out!

I am heading out today to run some more errands to prepare for this fantastic cold weekend we will be having. It sure puts me in the holiday spirit!! I bought my first Christmas decorations for the house the other day, I am crazy I know! But the stores are filled with the colors and sounds of the season and I cannot resist! I just love this time of year!

Well, that is all for now. Just know that I am totally in awe of everyone's support! Your emails and comments make my day and I appreciate all of them so very much!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! I will report back on how I did this weekend both food wise as well as my workouts. I am so happy that I am staying accountable during my pregnancy as I think it will help me stay on track.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Fantastic! Being able to run/walk at this stage is so great, you will have a fit and healthy pregnancy! That baby is lucky to have such great nutrition coming in!

Becca's Dirt said...

Sounds like you are doing very well. Hope you enjoy your weekend. I agree with Cheryl - great nutrition for the baby. Me-I ate everything that didn't eat me first.

erin said...

I love this time of year, too! It's supposed to only be 56 tomorrow, and I'm so excited! I hope you have a great weekend.

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you and your pregnancy! Have a wonderful weekend too!