Ok, you know me. I am all about challenging myself to new levels. I have done very well this year so far and I want to see the same results this month. I am going back to a few basics for this challenge and adding in new goals that reflect my recent cleanse and other books I am currently reading. This program was made to meet my needs. You can join along following my exact plan or expand on it and make your own!! Whatever the case may be, BE CONSISTENT! I am going to blog my results daily along with a few photos of my meals and new finds. I will post the pictures either on FB or as a part of my daily blog.
March Meltdown Challenge Goals - Nutrition -
Juicing will be a BIG part of my diet for this month. I will be juicing at least once a day. Along with this will be my daily shakes, something I grew to love on my last cleanse.
1. Every morning wake up to drink warm water with lemon and a dash of cayenne pepper. Follow this with 4 oz of RWK Just Cranberry juice and 1 tbsp of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with a little lemon juice added in.
2. Drink only Green tea, Oolong, Yerba Mate and other teas throughout the day. NO FRUIT JUICES OF ANY KIND. Decaf coffee is ok but in small amounts. Try and focus on getting in at least 4 cups of Yerba Mate or Green Tea every day.
3. Drink AT LEAST 64 oz of purified water.
4. Take vitamins and supplements every morning.
5. Limit dairy products to a couple of times a week. Sources...Organic non fat greek yogurt and cooking with non fat organic ricotta etc...
6. Put down the cheese and walk away. This is my weakness. Goat and feta cheese! Allow myself ONE day a week where I can have a VERY small amount of feta or goat cheese on a salad or such but NOTHING MORE! Do not buy it and it will not be in the house.
7. Bread. Limit myself to two pieces of Ezekiel bread but only on days where I have a long run or a hard workout. In other words, on my rest days, there is no need for bread.
8. Grains will come from Quinoa, Millet, Buckwheat, Brown Rice, etc... If it is white...Do not even touch it and that means white rice on sushi too! ONLY brown rice. Limit myself to only two servings of starch per day. In other words, if I have oatmeal in the morning then 1/2 cup of brown rice for lunch then dinner needs to be all veggies and NO grains.
9. Proteins. I am going to try and get as much of my protein content from plant based foods as possible. I will be looking to lentils and other beans as a source of protein limiting my consumption of egg whites and meats to only a couple of times a week. For meats, I am allowing organic chicken, turkey, lamb, bison and nothing more. In other words, no beef. Fish needs to be a priority. Aim for at least 3 servings a week of natural, wild caught fish high in omegas....black cod, salmon etc...
10. Fats. Simply put, we all need a little but even less than we think! Read the book Eat to Live and what he says about Olive oil. A little is all we need. I will throw in a few almonds and other nuts but again, only on days where I am working out and therefore need the extra fuel
March Meltdown Challenge Goals - Fitness -
1. Run 100 miles for the month of March. I have another HM on March 27th!!!
2. ST through Cathe DVD's 3 times a week.
3. Power Yoga and Pilates 2 times a week
4. USE MY FOAM ROLLER EVERY DAY!! This is a big goal for me. I need to be rolling my ITB more and stretching before my runs. Keep me accountable on this one. Really, I need it!
March Meltdown Goals - Measurements -
1. Lose 6 pounds this month.
2. Aim for another 3 inches lost, overall. Measuring my waist, hips, arms and thighs.
There you have it! March is going to be a success, I just know it!!! My little girl will be turing a year old on April 4th and I intend to be in the best shape of my life on that very special day! I want to look back at her photos of her birthday and know I gave it my all to be my very best for her.
Tomorrow starts day one!