Thursday, June 25, 2009

Workout results 6/25


“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” - Flora Whittemore

I spent yesterday doing some things around the house as well as some yard work. This morning I headed out for my last brick before my race. My ride was good, despite all the stop signs I pulled a decent avg speed of 18.2 mph. I then headed off for my run, my first mile was fantastic then I started to slow down a bit. I ran a hard course for my 2 miles with most of the run on roads with steady inclines. I thought it was better to train hard so that the flat course on the race will feel like a breeze....hopefully, right? LOL! My second run for the day was far better than the first, again it was not my fastest 2 mile time but after my workout this morning I was proud that I gave it my all and pushed through! After I was finished with my second workout for the day I headed to the natatorium for my swim. It was a short one today, 500 m just what I needed so close to my race. I ended up having a PR for my 300 m time! I have improved so much over the past 2 weeks! I went from a PR of 6:07 mins to my time today of 5:48 mins!

Overall today was amazing! My run times where not my fastest but I am so happy to have been able to do my best today. After seeing the video I posted yesterday, hearing about various sad stories in the news and remembering my great uncle who just passed last week, I feel so blessed to be able to live another day! I think so many times we get so caught up in times, races, weight loss, goals etc.... we loose sight of the incredible opportunity we are given every day we are able to simply live. We are so busy with life that we forget that each breath is a gift, every run is a chance to use our legs that we are blessed with and very moment we have with those we love is something to cherish. I guess it is good to step back sometimes and look at life from a different angle.

Daily goals -
1. Drink 1 gallon of water - done
2. Take all vitamins and supplements - done
3. PT stretches/ foam roller - done
4. Stay within calorie range - done - 2,014 calories consumed
5. Ice my knee - done

Totals for today -
Time - 103 mins
Calories burned - 1,137

Workout 1 - Brick 10/2 -
Time - 52.32 Bike/Run and 18 mins of warm up, transition, cool down and post run yoga
Calories burned - 734

Bike - 10.05 miles - 33.04 mins/18.2 avg mph/25.1 max mph
Run - 2 miles - 19:28 mins/ 9.64 mm

Workout 2 - Run 2.01 miles - 8.7 mm
Time - 23 mins - 17.57 run time plus 5 min cool down and stretch
Calories burned - 261

Workout 3 - Swim 500 meters
Time - 9:63 mins
Calories burned - 142

100 m warm up - 2:07 mins
300 m time trial - 5:48 mins
100 m cool down - 2:08 mins

5 comments:

erin said...

Way to go, Jen! Another great day!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

WOW! Great run times keep up the good work. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Marlene said...

Great workouts yesterday and congrats on the new 300m swim PR! Sounds like you're in good shape for your race!

TX Runner Mom said...

Great job on those workouts! Congrats on the PR!

Jennifer Harrison said...

YAY JEN! Keep up the good work! :)) NICE to have PRs too!