Saturday, September 22, 2012

Goals for today and beyond.


I HAVE to get back strength training as soon as possible...that means TODAY!! After the cruise my shoulder injury caused me to become so sedentary when it came to lifting weights. I hate it. I miss it. I need it. I feel soft and squishy :) Marathon training is good, do not get me wrong but I am not as lean as I was just 2 months ago. So, in the spirit of moving forward, I am adding in a great deal of strength training to the rest of my training and if it slows me down on my long runs....fine.  I am ok with this.  I would rather be sore from strength training and have to run slower than to just sit around and do nothing from now until the marathon. I need to start back strength training slowly so that I do not get injured so if my workouts do not look like much, I assure you they will in due time!

I am also stepping back on the scale. Yes, I said it. The dreaded "S" word that so many do not want to recognize. I tried to stay away but I am sorry, it just does not work for me. When I am not tracking my weight, it is simple.....it goes UP! When I am weighing in often, I eat better, I workout stronger and I see results. The scale goes up and down GREATLY every day but when you track it and see progress, it motivates me. I never thought that marathon training would lead to weight gain for me but it has!!! Now, yes, I have some other hormonal...or thyroid or adrenal issues going on which adds to the problem but it is simple. I am eating more now to fuel my runs and the scale has gone up a few lbs in the past few months. No more. I am getting back on track. That is my mission. So before the end of the year, I want to be where I was the same time last year. It will mean a year of no weight loss but I can say I have gained a great deal of strength and endurance since moving here. My measurements are close to what they were last year.  My hips, arms and waist are slightly higher.

So I can sit here and talk about how I want to change or I can start today and do my best to get back, I choose starting NOW and doing all I can to make a change. My long term goal is to be back to where I was by my 13th wedding anniversary which is December 21st!!!!! It starts now......

So today's goals are as follows....

1. Complete ST planned
2. Walk/Run 4 miles
3. Log foods and stay on track with my water intake

Strength Training for today. Simple, fast but it is a start. Now, this is my plan....I will post results today in my daily results blog.

1. Wood chops with sumo squat using a weighted plate - 50 reps
2. Push ups - Standard military 50 reps
3. TRX back rows - 50 reps
4. KB swings - 50 reps
5. Standing side crunch with pull down using a MB or weighted plate - 50 reps for each side
6. Functional rotations with sumo squats - 100 reps
7. Plank row - 50 reps
8. Push ups - Diamond - 50 reps
9. Triple with sumo squat - Front raise to bicep curl with shoulder press - 50 reps
10. Assisted pull ups - 5 sets of 5 reps


3 comments:

Karla said...

I love this goal, I think I will focus on the same. I have inched up a pound or two. I was at 137.4 in 2011 now I am staying about 142.... it is a slippery slope!!!

Goal of Losing said...

GREAT PLAN! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

momof11 said...

Way to get on it!! I need to grab hold of myself,too~I"ve gained more inches and weight(though I haven't been on the scale in 2 months) than this far along with D. :(