Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Workout Results 5/13

My workout today was a good one. I kept it a lighter day with my ST and changed up my routine a bit in terms of when I was lifting. I did half of my sets before my run and some after to see the difference in how I felt. My run was good, great in fact. I kept the first mile slow to let my knee and shin adjust before going faster, I think this helped with the rest of my run. I am still trying to figure out how to pace myself with my injuries so that I can run longer without having to cut my runs short because of pain. Maybe slowing it down for a mile or two will help. For mile 2 and 3 I was able to increase my pace and then for mile 4 I slowed it down again before walking a nice 3 min cool down.

After my run I came home for a nice relaxing bike ride. I did 8 miles strong, then rode some of the trails home as part of my cool down. Then instead of a typical brick workout where I run, I took a nice long 20 minute walk instead. I really enjoyed this as it gave me a chance to stretch out my legs without the intensity of a run. I feel strangely relaxed! I do not feel overworked or tired, I guess today was the perfect mix! The movers are here now with our shipment from Russia! I will finally have my treadmill and I can set up my gym here for days when I want to workout at home!

Totals for the week - MTW
Time - 362 mins
Calories burned - 2,989

Totals for the day -
Time - 152.10 mins
Calories burned - 1,281
Calories consumed - 2,104

Workout 1 - ST and 4 mile run with 3 min cool down and stretch
Total time - 88 mins
Calories burned - 741

4 mile run - 38.55 mins/avg pace - 9.63mm
Mile 1 - 10;51 mins
Mile 3 - 29:11 mins - Avg for mile 2 and 3 - 9.30mm
Mile 4 - 38.55 mins - Avg for mile 4 - 9.44mm

Bicep curl to Arnold press to reverse curl combo - 4 sets of 8 reps with 22.5 lb DBs
Alternating Bicep curls - 2 sets of 16 reps with 30 lb DBs
Reverse delt machine - 2 sets of 8 reps at 70 lbs

Tricep rope pulldowns/dip machine - ( I had to do the dip machine for the rest of the set because someone took the rope and I did not want to wait for it...)
Set 1 - Rope pulldowns - 10 reps at 80 lbs
Set 2 and 3 - Dip machine - 8 reps at 75 lbs

Wall squats with balance ball - 4 sets of 30 reps
Lateral/front/lateral raise with holds combo - 2 sets of 6 reps with 10 lb DBs
Close grip underhand lat pulldowns - 3 sets
Set 1 - 20 reps at 75lbs
Set 2 and 3 - 10 reps at 105 lbs

Wide grip lat pulldowns - 2 sets
Set 1 - 6 reps at 135 lbs
Set 2 - 8 reps at 120 lbs

Workout 2 - Bike ride and cool down walk
Total time - 64.10 mins - Time includes stop lights, cool down....
Calories burned - 540

Bike - 9.65 miles - 37:21mins/avg speed - 15.5 mph max speed - 23.9 mph
Walk - Easy 20 min walk as cool down

2 comments:

Leenie said...

Sounds like you are really making Texas your home now. Good luck with the unpacking.

How are you icing your shins? A way that helped when I was playing collegiate soccer was to get dixie cups and fill them 3/4 of the way with water and freeze. Then, when you need to ice, tear off the top part of the cup (make sure to leave some as a handle) and rub on your splints-its called an ice massage, and it is surprisingly helpful.

I love reading what your days look like. How does your fueling look? I've noticed some days you burn much more cals than you injest, and I was wondering how youve been able to fight through fatigue. Thanks!

Jen's Journey said...

I have tried a version of your tip on icing my shins and you are right, it does help!

I have a food blog - the link is to the side of this blog but you can also go to -

www.whatsonjensplate.blogspot.com

It is hard sometimes when I do not eat as much as maybe I should. I am still on a weight loss program so it is hard to maintain hard workouts at the same time that you are having to watch your intake. I log my foods on a site called myfooddiary.com and they tell me how much to eat each day depending on how much I workout. It really helps!

Thanks for stopping by!! Have a blessed day!
Jen