Today was my last workout before my race. I did not push things too hard but I somehow managed to have a fabulous brick workout along with a decent swim. I feel rested and prepared. Strong and focused. Encouraged and motivated!
We are leaving for Dallas to see my family before the race. I will be back here sometime on Sunday and will report how I did!
Things to remember -
1. Have FUN!
2. Live in the moment
3. Do my best
4. Relax and remember what a blessing it is just to be out there racing
5. Pace myself
6. On the swim - lengthen my stroke and keep it steady
7. On the bike - Breathe through the hills and know that at the end of every hill, there is a chance to fly on the downhill! Use this time to re-group and get ready for the next hill. Ride low, and pedal strong.
8 . One the run -
Mile 1 - Get your legs back, lengthen your stride, breathe and keep the pace steady
Mile 2 - Focus on lengthening your stride more, shake off mile one and focus just on this mile and keeping it strong
Mile 3 - Don't go too fast on the first half but start pumping those arms and really focus on bringing it home! The last half mile - GO FOR IT - you have trained for this, you are ready now GO reach your dream!!!!
9. Cross that finish line strong and with confidence that no matter what your time, you FINISHED!
10. Post race - Hydrate, bananas, ice and take photos!! Soak in this moment - you are a Triathlete!
Workout results - 5/28
Totals for the day -
Time - 130 mins
Calories burned - 1,312
Workout 1 - Bike/Run
Time - 94 mins ( includes stop lights and a long cool down walk)
Calories burned - 1,009
Bike - 15.04 miles
Time - 51.27/ Avg speed - 17.5 mph Max speed - 27.8 mph
Run -2 miles
Time - 18:46 mins/Avg pace - 9:24 mins
Mile 1 - 10:00 mins
Mile 2 - 8:46 mins
Workout 2 - Easy walk with dog
Time - 21 mins
Calories burned - 136
Workout 3 - Swim 700 yards - 13.13 mins
Time - 15.14 mins ( time includes rest breaks)
Calories burned - 167