Thursday, January 28, 2010

30 week appointment and new photos....


Everything went extremely well at my doctors apt today. My little girl is healthy, growing strong and still very active. Her HR was 134 and strong. I always love hearing it! It took the nurse awhile to get a reading as she was moving around too much and was kicking back at the doppler once again, she apparently does not like that thing!

The doctor checked out everything and I am perfect for where I need to be at 30 weeks. My girl was head down and wrapping around the right side of my belly with her little bottom at the upper right side of my stomach. So cute!

We discussed my labor for a bit as I am planning a natural birth, no meds. Yes, I know I am crazy but I really want to do this. He told me to keep working out as much as possible and he feels I will do well, however if there is a problem and the labor is too long that I may need one as we do not want to place the baby under too much distress. But that would not be until 8 to 10 hours of labor. I pray it does not last that long! LOL! 8 hours with no meds...OUCH!

In terms of my weight gain, I am still doing well. I weighed in showing a 16.4 pound gain here at the house and a 16 pound gain at the doctors office! For 7.5 months I am totally happy with that! My next apt is at 32 weeks and my goal is to weigh in around 18 pounds.

SO thankful for another good report, it really is such a blessing!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

beautiful picture!!!!!! Everything is going so well and your attitude is amazing...in the final few months now, your workouts will have provided you with some great strength to carry around the extra weight..you'll see it fly off after birth! Trust me!

erin said...

Jen, that is great! You will have no problems losing that weight, I just know it!

I have a friend who had her baby naturally, and she was very active (she taught spinning until she was 8 months pregnant and was walking on the treadmill the day she went into labor), and she said her labor was really very bearable. Her doctor attributed it to all the exercise she had been doing, so I am sure that will help you, too!

Leigh said...

You are SOO BEAUTIFUL!!!! you look wonderful! keep up all the good work!! She'll be here before you know it!

Running Diva Mom said...

Awesome photo of you with your baby-belly! Almost makes me want to be preggo again?! Congrats on the minimal weight gain thus far -- that is so awesome! Not much further to go and she will be here!! :-)

Marcelle said...

YOU LOOKING AMAZING AND VERY BEAUTIFUL...workout out and eating well sure pays off when on the journey to motherhood..
You've done a good job.

My 23 year old niece is expecting her first baby any day now - my sister is going to be a Grandmother for the first time...so exciting!!

Mary M said...

You look absolutely beautiful and the happiness is radiant from your eyes! Ahhhhhhhh the bliss of Motherhood!

Lindsay said...

Wow Jen, you look so beautiful. You look truly, TRULY happy - you're just glowing. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. I love reading your updates! :)

Julie said...

Jen, you look fantastic! You truly are glowing in your pic! I had 2 natural births, and it's something I'm very proud of. I feel like a tough girl! I strongly suggest it, and with you being in such great health and fit shape, I think you will do wonderful. It's an undescrible pain, but soo worth the end result! You are rocking the baby bumb! Take care!