Thursday, October 30, 2008

Light day of ST

Today was a short ST workout but it was a great one. I did not do any cardio today as my knee was feeling great so I wanted to give it a rest for tomorrows run. Guess the ice bath helped! Even though todays lifting was short and sweet, I felt a great burn! Off to get a protein shake in....

Full Upper Body ST -  Fast paced circuit format- do not stop between moves and complete 2 sets for each muscle group, resting between sets for a few seconds - NOT minutes. 

Chest Set 1 -  

Wide fly military push ups - 20 reps 
DB Flys - 15 reps with 25 lb DBs
Chest press - 15 reps with 25 lb DBs 

Chest Set 2 - 

Wide fly military push ups - 20 reps 
DB Flys - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs
Chest press - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs 

Biceps Set 1 - 

Alternating Hammer curls - 20 reps with 25 lb DBs 
Alternating Bicep curls - 20 reps with 25 lb DBs 
Standard 21's - 21 reps with 17 lb DBs 

Biceps Set 2 - 

Alternating Hammer curls - 16 reps with 25 lb DBs 
Alternating Bicep curls - 16 reps with 25 lb DBs 
Standard 21's - 21 reps with 17 lb DBs 

Shoulders Set 1 - 

Seated Alternating Shoulder press - 16 reps with 25 lb DBs 
Standing straight arm front raise - 15 reps with 11 lb DBs 
Standing bent over side raise - 15 reps with 11 lb DBs 

Shoulders Set 2 - 

Seated Alternating Shoulder press - 12 reps with 17 lb DBs 
Standing straight arm front raise - 12 reps with 11 lb DBs 
Standing bent over side raise - 12 reps with 11 lb DBs 

Back Set 1 -

Close grip pulldowns with 40 lb P90X resistance band - 20 reps 
Wide grip pulldowns with 40 lb P90X resistance band - 20 reps 
One arm bent over rows - 15 reps with one 35 lb DB

Back Set 2 - 

Close grip pulldowns with 40 lb P90X resistance band - 20 reps 
Wide grip pulldowns with 40 lb P90X resistance band - 20 reps 
One arm bent over rows - 20 reps with one 25 lb DB

Triceps Set 1 - 

Two arm tricep pulldowns with 40 lb P90X resistance band - 20 reps 
Two arm laying down tricep extension - 20 reps with 11 lb DBs 
Dips - 20 reps 

Triceps Set 2 - 

Two arm tricep pulldowns with 40 lb P90X resistance band - 20 reps 
Two arm laying down tricep extension - 15 reps with 17 lb DBs 
Dips - 20 reps 

Totals for the day - 
Time -  31 mins 
Calories Burned -  253
AHR - 132/69%  MHR - 164/85% 

Totals for the week - MTWTH 
Time - 125 mins 
Calories Burned - 1,143

Daily Intake - 10/30 
Calories Consumed - 1,497
Protein - 34%
Fat - 23%
Carbs - 43%

Meal 1 - 3.5 oz of chicken breast, leg - no skin with 3/4 cup of couscous ( leftovers from last night- weird I know for breakfast but it was good! ) 1 cup of Chi tea.  1/4 cup of low fat yogurt. 

Meal 2 -  1 cup of raw cabbage, 1 tomato, 1.75 oz of chicken breast and 1 tbsp of Newman's light  baslmic vinegar/olive oil dressing 

Meal 3 - 1 scoop of protein powder and 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries, 1 cup of milk. 

Meal 4 - 1/2 cup of couscous with 3.5 oz of chicken breast, legs - no skin with 1 raw cucumber, 1 cup of steamed broccoli sauteed with Indian Biryani mix. 

Meal 5 -1/2 cup of oat mixture, 1/2 cup of yogurt and 15 almonds. 1 scoop of protein powder with water. 








5 comments:

Trigirlpink said...

Oh Boy! You are a woman on a MISSION! Good for you!! Your blog is loaded with lots o'information and aids to help you along in your journey for sure. I'll have to take some time to digest some of your great links! Thanks for your nice note and feel free to ask any questions you might have. I'm far from an expert but I've been involved in the sport since 98. Trial and error??? hee hee..

xx Elaine

Dee said...

Hey Jen, I have posted your blog as a link on my blog. I know some young women who have a great deal of weight to lose. Have you thought about either on your blog or on an additional blog creating a mentorship. You are such a testimony to hard work and success with your weight loss. Someone needing to lose a tremendous amount of weight may be overwhelmed by what all you do. I know that your success if a result of all this hard work. I feel that you are just the perfect person to teach some of these with baby steps. Or maybe just your words of posting encouraging words and the hard plain truth that it is hard work. What do you think?

n/a said...

Well hello!

Thank you for the kind comment and well wishes! It's so great to meet new people who share the same love of training!

Your page is fantastic and loaded with tons of information. I especially like incorporating your meals - not only to share ideas but also stay accountable :o)

I will certainly stay tuned for your upcoming races. I know how much racing has changed my life for the better and I really look forward to following your journey!

One of my favorite quotes...
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal." - anonymous

Take care!
Teresa

A Prelude To... said...

Hi Jen - thanks for your comment on my blog.
I found my way over here to YOUR blog yesterday via Anna From the Rev's blog. You have made an amazing transformation and you are beautiful!
Have a great day!

Anna Smith, MSA, NASM CPT said...

Hi Jen,
I am Anna from the Rev...I sent all my blog readers over here after I saw yu ramazing transformation. Then promptly forgot to say hello and congratulate you on your amazing transformation! I loved the chest workout you posted...looks like a doozie!