Tuesday, October 28, 2008

First day back.

Well today's workout was short and sweet to say the least but I am SO glad that I pushed myself to get out there and get the job done! I felt good today but as I started lifting I felt as if I had an elephant sitting on me. I was so weighted down and really had to work for reach rep. My energy and strength were not as strong as usual, but I pushed through and really focused on making the most of each move.

 My cardio was super light today but my knee did well. I am icing it as we speak so hopefully the swelling will be minimal tonight.  All in all it was a good day, I ate really well so I guess you could say it was a success.  I have said it before but I feel so strongly that small efforts really do add up in the end to GREAT triumphs!! 

Full body circuit 3 sets with elliptical and treadmill intervals -  

Warm up Cathe drill max cardio along with elliptical and treadmill intervals at 5% and 10%. 

Squats - 25 reps  
Alternating bicep curls - 20 reps with 25 lb DBs
Standing Arnold presses - 12 reps with 17 lb DBs 
Standard military push up - 15 reps 
Standard military close grip push up - 15 reps 
Chest fly with P90X  resistance band - 20 reps 
Lat pull downs with P90X  resistance band -  20 reps 
Tricep pulldowns with P90X resistance band - 20 reps 

Repeat this circuit 3 times, then back to treadmill for 10% and 15% incline intervals  and cool down. 

Time - 40 mins 
Calories burned -  364
AHR - 141/73%  MHR - 178/93% 
Push ups - 90 reps 

Daily Intake - 10/28 
Calories Consumed - 1,672 
Protein - 30%
Fat - 20% 
Carbs - 50% 

Meal 1 - 1 cup of oats cooked with 1/2 scoop of protein powder topped with 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt and 15 almonds.  2 cups of Chi tea. 

Meal 2 - 1 cup of shredded cabbage sauteed with 1/2 cup of mushrooms and 3.5 oz of shredded chicken breast. 

Meal 3 - 1 slice of whole wheat bread with 1 tsp of mayo, 1 tomato and .07 oz of chicken breast. 1 1/2 cups of milk with 1/2 cup of strawberries and 1 scoop of protein powder. 

Meal 4 - 1/2 cup of oats. 1/2 apple and 1 tbsp of ground flaxseeds and 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt. 





2 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks for swining by my blog! Keep rockin' the training!

Jennifer Harrison said...

Hey Jen!!
You are amazing - congrats on the 69 lbs - VERY impressive! Your daily food log was super and your training - good job, keep up the good work. I am so glad I came across your blog...I connected thru a post you put on Mer's blog! :) Jen H.