Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cold Therapy...

I have always known that cold therapy works for sport injures, in fact I have used ice baths before to help me recover after a hard workout. I was reading this article on Runner's World and found it as a nice reminder that I need to be doing this now because of my knee. Even though I know it works I am avoiding it! I do not particularly like sitting in a bath full of ice water, who does? But at this stage I will do anything to get my knee back to 100%.  

The good thing is that since we are living here in Siberia the water is so cold that all you have to do is fill the tub with the cold water from the faucet and you are good to go! No ice required!  So today after my run I am planning on returning to this long tested method of recovery which as painful as it may be, works like a charm each and every time! 

If you are aching and want to take the plunge as well, here is the article from RW - 



No comments: