Monday, February 08, 2010

Happy Monday and pregnancy update! 59 days to GO!

Good morning everyone! Monday is here and we now have a new week to reach HIGH and press on towards those 2010 goals! Isn't it amazing how fast this year passing by! I know for me it has.

This week is a hard one on me as my best friend and dear husband is away overseas on a business trip. I do not like it!! Back when we were living in Russia I would go with him on his trips so this is hard being home alone and pregnant. Every time she rolls or starts pressing out again I want him to be here so see her and talk with her. He is missing her like crazy and I have a feeling it is about to get worse. He is dreading leaving on trips after she is born. We are planning on going with him on an international trip in July so that will be nice, our first family trip! It will be a learning experience as it will be our first flight with a newborn, Oh boy, that will be fun!

Before my husband left town I gave him a book called All the ways I love you. It is a recordable book from Hallmark, so cute! He read the book to our little girl and then recorded his voice and a special message for me that I could not listen to until he was gone. I have been reading it to her every night so she can hear his voice. So sweet. I am doing all I can to stay busy and so far the time is passing by quickly. My 32 week doctors apt is tomorrow morning. I will officially turn 32 weeks or 8 months pregnant on Thursday!!! That just amazes me sometimes. Soon our little angel will be here with us!

My goals are super simple for this week. My walks are getting slower and slower the further along I am. I know some women do not have a problem with Braxton Hicks contractions but for some reason when I walk, BAM, there they go! I was walking a slow 19 min mile yesterday and they started again and I had to slow it down to a 20 - 24 min mile. Goodness that is SLOW!! But at least I am out doing it. I find it funny when I read that BH contractions are painless because for me I am telling you that they are NOT fun. They are not sharp or anything but it is deep, and they are very uncomfortable. Maybe it is just me. I am drinking my water and doing all I can to make them stop. The good news is there is nothing to worry about, it is just my body getting ready for the weeks ahead. I do not want to sound as if I am complaining, that is not me, but they are annoying for sure!

Here are my goals for the week -

1. Drink 128 oz of water each day
2. Stay within calorie range - 1,500 - 1,800
3. Aim for 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day
4. Fiber - 35 grams or higher per day
5. Protein - 100 grams or higher per day

Fitness goals - Each day walk for 60 mins!

Hope your Monday is the best! Blessings!

3 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Yes your body has to prepare itself for this miracle. Those BH contractions can feel like it is the real thing. Hope you have a good day and rest.

Cheryl said...

you have such a great outlook...listen to your body. I also had braxtons when I walked so I was a snail....but it was just nice to simply move and get fresh air!
less then 2 months and you can walk all you want and as fast as you want!

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Hi, I just found your blog. Congratulations on your upcoming birth. You must be so excited. Pregnancy is such an exciting time and that last month it starts to feel so much more real as the baby becomes more active.

Sending good thoughts your way.