Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Workout Results 8/12

Today was wonderful, I did a 5 mile run without any pain from my knee which I am thrilled with!! I held my pace pretty well but on my 3rd and 4th mile I hit some hills, or long steady inclines that gave me a challenge. One lasted for .51 miles straight and it really was a struggle so my pace slowed a bit but I was just so happy that my knee was doing well I did not mind. It is still hard for me to see myself running 13.1 miles when this morning I only did 5 but I have to remind myself of that amazing day in Siberia when out of nowhere I just got out there and ran for 2.5 hours without training ( not wise I know ), but I did it! So I know that I CAN and WILL complete this half strong and injury free, that is my goal. I am a bit concerned regarding the elevation issue because coming from training at 140 ft to 5,371 ft which is the highest elevation around mile 10, will definitely be a challenge! I will however be running in cooler weather with far less humidity so maybe in the end it will all be ok.

Today was my first ST session in what felt like forever, it was harder than my run! I have lost so much of my strength but it has not been a focus of mine since I started doing my triathlons back in May. I will definitely be sore from today and I did not really do that much, it is amazing how much you loose after a long break but I made it through and still managed to NOT drop to my knees during my pushups, though I was tempted!

I will be updating this blog later tonight after I go for a walk with my husband while he does his scheduled run for the day as well as the end result of my goals not yet achieved...

Goals achieved for the day -
1. Use my foam roller 3 times - DONE!
2. Ice 2 times a day - DONE!
3. Yoga for at least 30 mins - Did not do
4. Drink 1 gallon - DONE!
5. ST Upper body - DONE!
6. Complete scheduled run - DONE!
7. Log foods each day - DONE!

Totals for the day
Time - 108 mins
Calories burned - 1,086
Calories consumed - 1,679

Workout 1 - 5 mile run
Time - 53:31 mins / 10:43 mm avg
Calories burned - 753

Mile 1 - 11:05
Mile 2 - 10:26
Mile 3 - 10:56 ( hills)
Mile 4 - 10:52
Mile 5 - 10:14 ( yea!)

Workout 2 - ST Upper body -
Time - 22 mins including a 3 min warm up
Calories burned - 114

Pushups - 45 reps total
Standard military - 15 reps
Diamond - 15 reps
Close grip - 15 reps
Boat pose to suitcase crunch - 3 sets of 10 reps
Lateral to front raise - 2 sets of 20 reps with 5 lbs
Tricep pulldowns with bands - 3 sets of 10 reps for each arm
Laying down tricep extensions - 2 sets of 10 reps with 18.2 lb DBs
Inchworms - 10 reps
Plank holds to failure - 3 reps
Two arm curls - 3 sets of 10 reps with 18.2 lb DBs
Overhead shoulder press - 2 sets of 10 reps with 18.2 lb DBs

Workout 3 - PM 2 mile walk / slow run with husband and dog -
Time - 33 mins
Calories burned - 219

5 comments:

HD said...

I'm sorry if you already explained this somewhere, but I am new to your blog, so what is a foam roller?

Marcelle said...

Pleased to hear your knee played along...

Mark said...

Awesome story..great blog!

TX Runner Mom said...

Great job! Glad the knee is doing better!

IdaR said...

Stop by my blog and pick up the award I have for you.