Friday, November 11, 2011
November 11th, 2011 Workout Results - I truly REACHED!!
"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." -Cynthia Ozick
What a brilliant day this was in every way. I wanted to honor our Veterans by working out with todays date in mind and have all of my numbers sink with 11/11/11. It turned out I was very motivated and so my overall totals are much higher! I kept thinking about a commercial I have seen for the Wounded Warriors Project. It brought tears to my eyes seeing the wounded vets, who so courageously fought for you and me. I just kept thinking I need to press hard, for them, and so I did. So many lives have been lost fighting for this great nation of ours. I never want to take lightly the sacrifice made. I never want to forget the families of our soldiers and I never want to lose the respect, pride and reverence I have for my country and everything we stand for. Where ever I may travel, where ever I may live, this will always be my home. And so to those who keep us safe, to those who keep us free.....we honor you, we remember you, and we are praying for you. Thank you for your service.
Today I did a combination of riding on the Lemond, walking, ST and Cardio intervals using Cathe Circuit Blast DVD. In addition to this I did pilates on the TRX ( great gravy this was hard). For my ST I did 11 different ST and core segments each with 111 reps.
November 11, 2011 Fitness Results -
Overall time - 221.28 mins - DONE!
Distance - 15.2 miles - DONE! 11.1 miles on the bike and 4.1 miles walking
ST workout - 11 segments each with 111 reps!
1. Military Push ups - 111 reps - DONE!
2. Ab/Oblique work - 111 reps - DONE!
3. Sumo squat with shoulder press using 8 lb DB's - 111 reps - DONE!
4. Tricep Dips - 111 reps - DONE!
5. Walking or Clockwise Military Pushups - 111 reps - DONE! These are AWESOME for the core!!
6. Plank Knee Ins or also known as mountain climbers but slower and more controlled - 111 reps - DONE!
7. Cross body shadow boxing with 8 lb DB's - 111 reps - DONE!
8. Hammer punch lunge with kick using 5 lb DB's - 111 reps - DONE!
9.Two arm Bicep curls using 8 lb DB's - 111 reps - DONE!
10. Wood chops using a 20 lb DB - 111 reps - DONE!
11. Squat Jumps - 111 reps - DONE!!
This ROCKED! Seriously, my body is so sore and after yesterday's Cathe Drill Max and my TRX workout - I am going to have some serious DOMS this weekend!
Here is a look at the Cathe DVD I used today. Love it!!