Sunday, October 20, 2013
Goals for this week.
I am still struggling with this pulled muscle in my back but I am very happy to say that I was able to walk for a little bit this weekend and I truly feel I will be back to 100% very soon. Even though I am having to take it easy, I feel I can still strive to make my goals for this week. No matter how small, it is about setting a goal and doing all I can to reach it. As far as my sickness, I am SO much better. After nearly a month of being sick, my coughing is so much better and I have much more energy. I went to the doctor and the main concern now is my voice. I have laryngitis and so I was told not to talk and to rest. ME....not talking?? I think this may be my hardest challenge yet :) He told me to try and stay warm, rest and hopefully it should improve. I am drinking all kinds of teas and warm drinks to help as well. I am also taking the time to let my body heal. I truly feel that my body is trying to tell me to slow down and so we are doing all we can to help my immune system and my Adrenals get stronger.
Nutritional Goals for the week -
1. AM Adrenal drink - Singing Canary from THM and GGMS
2. LIMIT coffee - This is going to be a hard one for me, but I am going to try and keep it to ONE cup only. Wish me luck ; ) I hope my Adrenals will thank me for this sacrifice I am making!!
3. Shrinker tea during the day - from THM
4. Juice and blend for lunch and dinner
5. Continue my clean eats with a focus on lean proteins and greens.
6. Log meals daily but do not count calories. Just focus on eating clean, healthy foods.
Fitness Goals for the week -
1. If my back allows aim for a 30 mins walk with the back brace daily this week! This will be a huge goal for me!!
2. Yoga for Back Care - Rodney Yee dvd
3. Upper body band work - light and easy while my back is healing.
4. Foam rolling for PT
These may seem small, but to me, it will be a huge accomplishment if I can reach all my goals this week. I can sit and do nothing while I am hurt and sulk, feeling sorry I am not out running, or I can just buckle down, do what I can to get myself back 100%. I must realize that I am not the same girl I was last year and that is ok. I am recovering from an injury and trying my best to get my overall health under control. If I know there are things I can do to help my Adrenals and immune system be stronger, than I need to do all I can. I cannot focus on the past but I have to look forward and realize that this hard time IS going to make me stronger. I will be better all around as a result.
Moving forward, one goal at a time....
September 2013, Norway