Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My heart felt thanks, workout for today and thoughts regarding it all.......

I posted earlier this week a thank you on Sparkpeople and I wanted to make sure to tell each of you who commented on my before and after blog just how powerful your support it to me. I was overwhelmed by the encouraging words given from you. Thank you for opening your hearts to me and sharing how I have helped you.  It is still somewhat hard for me to comprehend how my story can affect others in a positive way, for I guess I still see myself as a Mom who is still reaching and striving for great things. I do not have all the answers.  I did not do anything different than so many others who have lost a great deal of weight. I just gave it my all, day in and day out........I kept pressing on. When I was discouraged, I kept pressing on. When the scale was stuck for days....weeks even, I kept pressing on. The core of my story, my journey is really as simple as consistency.

There are times I sit back and read emails from strangers and think that I am scared to have my story out there as it is. What if I fail? What if I let down all of these people writing me for support? What do I say to help them? I am just me, Jen, a very flaued human being who is still trying to figure it all out myself. It is scary at times, but I do feel that if I can be brave, be strong and share my journey....the pitfalls, the high points, the good and the bad, then maybe someone else can relate.

I always want to be sure that I give credit where it belongs, to my Heavenly Father who has guided me through valleys, held my hand through struggles and who is the reason I am here today, standing before you a new creation in Him, for it is my spiritual journey that is the greatest transformation I have made. He has truly blessed my life in such a beautiful way. This past year alone my relationship with Him has grown in ways I never dreamed. I see things.....everything differently. I always want to have an open heart to receive all His plans, whatever they may be. I used to be scared to talk about Christ on my blogs. What if I offend someone? What if they think I am trying to convert all who read my blog? Now, I share my heart, my life and what God has done for me. It is my story, it is the core of who I am and I will never be ashamed of the one who set me free, the one who delivered me, and who holds my life in His hands. I do not know where my journey is going to take me this next year, but I do know who holds my future and it brings me such a peace. I cannot tell you the amazing peace that God provides when we lean on Him and His everlasting word, it truly comforts my heart and spirit like nothing this world can provide.

Thank you for letting me share my life with you.......

Now for today's workout report!!! I am still a bit under the weather so we are staying inside yet again today. My workout was light but effective! My muscles are feeling it :)

Military Pushups - 50 reps
Sumo Squats - 50 reps
T-planks - 50 reps
Dips - 4 sets of 30 reps
Firewalkers using Cathe blue FW band - 2 sets of 50 reps
Squats - 3 sets of 20 reps
Bicep curls with p90x maroon bands - 4 sets of 20 reps

I am going to try and do a few more pushups before it is all said and done, but we will see! I am also going to start posting a link to my nutrition page from Sparkpeople. Here you can see what I am eating and such. I used to type out everything but this is faster. Here is a link to my foods from yesterday........

Jan 24th Nutrition and Fitness Results

I have logged my foods for today, but have not logged dinner so the Jan 25th log is incomplete as of now.....

I pray your day is truly blessed and that you reach ALL your goals! It is hard to believe that Jan is coming to a close. Let's work hard to make the most of it!!!!! Thank you again for ALL your support!

9 comments:

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh said...

Rock star as usual! I can't believe January is almost over. It is scary how quickly time flies by!

Carlyn said...

You are a continued inspiration to us all :) Hope you feel better really soon!

Mom and Dad said...

JEN,
YOUR BLOG TODAY IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND SO GOD HONORING. DADDY AND I ARE SO BLESSED AND THRILLED THAT YOU ARE SHARING WHERE YOUR STRENGTH AND LIFE COMES FROM. WE WOULD NEVER WANT TO LIVE A DAY OF OUR LIVES WITHOUT THE LORD; OUR STRENGTH,
OUR REDEEMER AND SAVIOR. YOU ARE A SHINING LIGHT IN A DARK WORLD. YOU ARE A BLESSING SWEETHEART.

LOVE MOM & DAD

Deesfit4life said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Audra said...

Once again, that is a wonderful post. I think it is great to give glory to God. What a great testimony to share.

Czesia said...

Im so glad you shared your spark nutrition journal, now I can be your spark friend!!! I should have asked but I guess I was just too shy! I love reading your blog it lifts me up!

Kerry said...

Hi Jen! I'm new to your blog--found it through Pinterest. You are awesome, girlie! I just started my journey 3 and 1/2 weeks ago and we (my hubby and I) are doing p90x. I am sure you have a million requests for this, but I have a few questions regarding your transition post p90x. Would you email me so I can ask those questions? I'm a planner, and although I have 2 and 1/2 months left, I'm already thinking about my next steps! My email is rkrbosworth@gmail.com

Thanks for being such an inspiration. You and your family are adorable! :)

Anya said...

Dear Jen, I love everything about your blog...but most I love that you are real! So don't be afraid to show when you fall....for it is by seeing you as a real human being that gives the rest of us hope that we can do it. I wish more fitness experts out there were admitting of their short comings, so they wouldn't look so intimidating to the normal, everyday person, who thinks they are of a different physiological maker or something and I can never be like that.
You are real, and that's what gives me hope, that I can do it.

momof11 said...

What a beautiful and truthfilled blog! YOU are amazing!