Friday, May 22, 2015

Finding Joy in the Journey!




It's been forever since I have gathered my thoughts on my journey. What it was, what is has become and what I want for the future. While my time spent to my training has decreased, my passion and determination is strong. One thing I loved about this journey was looking back to my training logs and seeing the details. Reading what I did well and seeing areas where I can improve. So much has changed since our move back to the US.  I have only raced once and my focus has shifted from endurance training to more of a crossfit/bootcamp style of training. I do not even know where it fits in the "fitness mold" anymore and that is ok.

As most of you know I gained quite a bit of weight since 2012/2013 and it has been a struggle to get the weight off and get back to a good, lean weight like I was a few years ago. Things change. We change and I am learning that it is ok. It is ok to be heavier than before. Better perhaps in some respects. If I keep chasing this ideal weight in my head I am afraid it will only set me up for disaster as I train.  Instead, I am trying to lean out over the next 30 days a few lbs then go from there.

It's a struggle, a big one for many of us. We must realize that it is ok. It is ok to be as we are, working hard to better ourselves but we must live in the now. If we chase and chase after the ideal body, we will miss this moment that is before us.

Let's work hard every day to find joy in this struggle, through the challenges, let's find happiness in this moment where we are NOW...not the someday.

Today was another step forward in the right direction for me. Here's to another strong day tomorrow as I start on this new 30 day challenge :)

M1 - Eggs, steak and guacamole and coffee
M2 - EZ bread and coffee with almond milk
M3 - Black beans, cornbread and Wild cod
M4 - Protein shake with super greens blend, grapefruit and homemade berry ice cream made with coconut milk and honey!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please inform me it labored proper? I dont wish to sumit it again if i would not have to! Either the blog glitced out or im an idiot, the second option doesnt shock me lol. thanks for an ideal blog! Anyway, in my language, there are not much good source like this.Somatodrol
Can I make a suggestion? I feel youve bought something good here. But what should you added a couple links to a web page that backs up what youre saying? Or possibly you would give us one thing to take a look at, one thing that may connect what youre saying to something tangible? Only a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there arent a lot good source like this.http://gojivitafacts.com/somatodrol/

Anonymous said...

Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.SPARTAGEN XTThis is such a fantastic resource that youre offering and also you give it absent free of charge. I adore seeing web websites that comprehend the value of providing a quality resource free of charge. It?s the outdated what goes about arrives around routine.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/spartagen-xt/