Here are my results from June....
Miles - 60.42
Pushups - 398
Squats - 1,430
Crunches - 1,000
My husband and I along with my parents are starting a challenge for the month of July. It is similar to my other challenges I set each month but this time we will focus on nutrition. So for this month it is NOT about calories but rather eating whole foods, and those that can increase our immune system and contain high amounts of anti-oxidants. Each family member will have a slightly different challenge to meet their needs but we all will be following a variation of the same goals.
And so my challenge is as follows....
1. Fitness - Walk/Run 20 miles per week
2. Strength Training - 3 times a week for at least 30 mins. Aim to do Cathe Drill Max, Muscle Max and segments of P90x.
3. Water intake - consume at least 128 oz of water per day.
4. Take vitamins and supplements every day
5. Aim to loose a total of 3 inches. Focusing on hips and thighs.
6. Crunches/Core Work with and without medicine ball - 2,000 reps for the month.
7. Military Pushups - 300 reps for the month. Variations allowed : Dive bombers, T plank to push up, close grip, diamond and wide fly but all MUST BE standard military. I can not count incline or otherwise.
8. Squats - 2,000 reps for the month. MUST BE full squat either plyo or otherwise.
9. The foods - Daily goals are to consume at least 10 super foods each day.
Here are the super foods list from the site Super Foods RX site.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Low Fat Yogurt
Here is another list of foods drom DoctorOz.com
Vegetables & Fruits
onions, leeks, shallots
peppers: bell, jalapeno
berries - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
whole grains (bread, pasta, tortillas)
soy products (tofu, beans, milk)
Spices & Herbs
10. Dinning out - DO NOT go out to eat during the week and limit dinning to two meals on the weekends and always split dishes.
So these are our 10 goals for the month!! I am excited about doing this with my family!