Wednesday, June 30, 2010

July Family Challenge!!

Here are my results from June....

Miles - 60.42
Pushups - 398
Squats - 1,430
Crunches - 1,000

My husband and I along with my parents are starting a challenge for the month of July. It is similar to my other challenges I set each month but this time we will focus on nutrition. So for this month it is NOT about calories but rather eating whole foods, and those that can increase our immune system and contain high amounts of anti-oxidants. Each family member will have a slightly different challenge to meet their needs but we all will be following a variation of the same goals.

And so my challenge is as follows....

1. Fitness - Walk/Run 20 miles per week

2. Strength Training - 3 times a week for at least 30 mins. Aim to do Cathe Drill Max, Muscle Max and segments of P90x.

3. Water intake - consume at least 128 oz of water per day.

4. Take vitamins and supplements every day

5. Aim to loose a total of 3 inches. Focusing on hips and thighs.

6. Crunches/Core Work with and without medicine ball - 2,000 reps for the month.

7. Military Pushups - 300 reps for the month. Variations allowed : Dive bombers, T plank to push up, close grip, diamond and wide fly but all MUST BE standard military. I can not count incline or otherwise.

8. Squats - 2,000 reps for the month. MUST BE full squat either plyo or otherwise.

9. The foods - Daily goals are to consume at least 10 super foods each day.

Here are the super foods list from the site Super Foods RX site.

Apples
Avocado
Beans
Blueberries
Broccoli
Cinnamon
Dark Chocolate
Dried SuperFruits
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic
Honey
Kiwi
Low Fat Yogurt
Oats
Onions
Oranges
Pomegranates
Pumpkin
Soy
Spinach
Tea
Tomatoes
Turkey
Walnuts
Wild Salmon

Here is another list of foods drom DoctorOz.com

Vegetables & Fruits
leafy greens
brussels sprouts
tomatoes
beets
carrots
sweet potatoes
squash
broccoli
onions, leeks, shallots
mushrooms
lentils
peppers: bell, jalapeno
spinach
oranges
grapefruit
lemon
lime
apples
berries - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
apricots
pomegranates
mango

Whole Grains
whole grains (bread, pasta, tortillas)
oats
flaxseed
quinoa

Proteins
salmon
mackerel
tilapia
tuna
soy products (tofu, beans, milk)

Spices & Herbs
turmeric
ginger
cinnamon
rosemary
curry
chive
garlic
basil

Nuts/seeds/oils
pecans
walnuts
almonds
hazelnuts
flaxseed/flaxseed oil
olive oil
canola oil

Desserts/sweeteners
dark chocolate

Beverages
green tea
ginger tea

10. Dinning out - DO NOT go out to eat during the week and limit dinning to two meals on the weekends and always split dishes.

So these are our 10 goals for the month!! I am excited about doing this with my family!

4 comments:

sharon said...

You have encouraged me to set a list of goals for July. I will think about these and put them in writing by end of the week and start on July 5th! I think it is great to be doing it as a family. I was wondering what type of goals your mom set. I am 53 yrs old so I feel we are about the same age. I know I could not meet all of your goals but probably a few of them! Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration!

Cheryl said...

all that great food makes me hungry...funny how you crave whole foods when you live a fit lifestyle!

Great goals!

Anonymous said...

You've also encouraged me to make a July Challenge too. Thanks!!! How great that you and your family are doing this together.

100DAYS said...

I just stumbled across your blog through one of my followers. You have done such an amazing job! Congrats on your weight loss thus far and congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

Those are some awesome July goals! Best of luck!