Saturday, September 27, 2008

It is official, I have signed up for the half marathon!


I have taken the plunge and signed up for the Big D Texas Half Marathon on April 5, 2009!!! I am so excited! This will be the first of many races I plan to run in 2009, with the ultimate being the Dallas White Rock Marathon at the end of the year. It will be such a blessing to be back home where I can run and race, which something I long to do. I have also looked at a number of triathlons starting in June that I am really excited about as well. My first triathlon was when I was in 10th grade so needless to say it has been quite awhile!  

The last time I raced was in 2003 when I attempted to run the Houston half marathon. I completed the race though it took me over 3 hours. I got the metal, but I was not prepared. I had to walk most of it as I was so overweight and out of shape. Well not this time!! I am going to train hard for this and give it my all. It is a major crossroad for me to be able to do this as I want to really take my fitness to new levels in 2009. 

I can not wait to see what this next year holds for me! Let the training begin.....

No comments: