I am in need of another challenge! I cannot run for another few weeks as you are supposed to rest one day for every mile you run after a marathon! So, that means 26 days of NO running!! I have realized I am addicted to running and fitness and when I do not workout, I feel crazy! No, not really but I feel the effects of not getting a workout in and so I need to set new goals and work on a challenge this month.
I am excited because in 26 days we leave for a short vacation to London and then to Bath to see the famous Christmas market held there each year. Knowing that soon, I will be in London, one of the best places to eat Indian food, which is a personal favorite of mine, I need to make sure and be extra strict this month with my diet!! My long runs are over so I need to back away from the carbs, up my protein and watch my calories. I cannot workout this month like other as I am recovering from the race so I MUST make sure I do not eat like a race horse when I am not racing!! :) There will be a time for scones, tea and definitely some curry but not now.
My challenge is incredibility simple! I hope to reach my goals before we leave November 28th....
1. Be sure and get in my Sunwarrior, VM Green and Earth daily!
2. LACV 128 oz daily - 1 lemon mixed with apple cider vinegar in a gallon of water.
3. Flax bread only in the mornings and only ONE piece per day.
4. Log calories on Spark and post on Blog/FB
1. Push ups - 1000 military push ups before 11/28
2. Squats - 4000 squats - sumo, jump squats, etc....before 11/28
3. Burpees - 1000 reps before 11/28
4. Pull ups - assisted or negative - 100 reps before 11/28
I have NOT been strength training the final weeks leading up to the marathon so the fitness goals are huge for me! I cannot tell you the last time I did a pull up....oh mercy!
So, in order to make these goals happen, I have to start somewhere. And that begins now. Here is my plan for the week......
Friday - Yoga, easy stretching along with some pushups
Saturday - walk on the treadmill, easy 30 mins along with ST circuit
Sunday - Yoga and PT exercises
Monday - ST circuit
Tuesday - Walking on the tread - 30 mins
Wednesday - ST circuit
Thursday - Walking on the tread - 30 mins
Friday - Yoga/Rest