Thursday, August 09, 2012

Challenge Results - Day 3

I did well yesterday. I failed to blog so below are my results. I am adding in another goal for the month. It is to complete 100 negative pull ups. I was discussing my pull up challenge on my FB page and it was mentioned that negative pull ups can help me get stronger and are good for training and therefore I am adding them in my program. I did 3 yesterday and found them to be quiet a challenge. Here is an example for those wondering what exactly these are.



Today will be an easy 4 miles on the tread and a quick ST circuit. There are only 5 exercises and you complete the circuit 5 times! Great fun and fast....

Circuit ST goal for today.......yet to be completed :) Will post results later today. Wish me luck.

1. Assisted Pull ups - 5 reps
2. Negative Pull ups - 2 reps
3. Kettle bell swings - 50 reps with a 25 lb KB
4. Push ups - 20 reps ( diamond, spiderman and close grip on the bosu ball)
5. Cross body mountain climbers - 50 reps

Challenge totals so far.......

Miles - 12.29/100
Pull ups Assisted - 48/500
Negative pull ups - 3/100
Push ups - 275/2,000

8/8 Fitness results - 5.26 mile trail walk with the stroller and hills - 1:22. 15:35 AP
Pull ups - 3 negative

Nutrition results -

M1 - Kefir with apple and milled flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds and walnuts
M2 - Rice cake with natural PB
M3 - Spinach and salmon salad
M4 - Protein shake with grilled turkey breast with ratatouille
M5 - More of the kefir mix from this morning

Weekly schedule -

Monday - Easy walk - DONE!
Tuesday - 5 mile run and ST - DONE!
Wednesday - Walk with hills - DONE!
Thursday - 4 mile run and ST
Friday - REST
Saturday - 12 mile run
Sunday - ST only



8 comments:

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh said...

You're gonna be able to crack macadamia nuts with your biceps!

Deborah Saaranen said...

When you say Kefir mix: are you using unflavored Kefir mixed with the crushed nuts and seeds?

Jen's Journey said...

Mrs....you are crazy girl. I am going to have to give it a try :)

Deborah, Yes. It is a low fat organic Kefir and it is plain....or unflavored. Then you add in honey, splenda, stevia......which ever you like to sweeten.

My little girl loves it too! ;)

Deborah Saaranen said...

Thanks Jen...we have tons of unflavored Kefir here in Central Asia, but I always chicken out and purchase the flavored...I will try your recipe! Can I bother to ask you your Cider Vinegar recipe right now as well? Thanks so much for answering my questions!

Love seeing the pictures of your family on vacation!

Unknown said...

Great job, Jen! My trainer started me on negative pull-ups last Fall and I'm amazed at how they've transformed my upper body. Keep it up!

Heather said...

You're inspiring.

Jen's Journey said...

Deborah,

I do not really have a set recipe that I am using now. I just take a big jug of water....sometimes 32 oz or sometimes a 5 L jug and I fill it with lemon and ACV. I would say that I use about 1 tbsp of ACV in every 12 oz or so of water but I do not measure. I just look and see when it gets the color I want.

Unknown said...

I am so glad I happend across your blog. You are such an inspiration! Keep it up, you are beautiful!

http://rachel-reid.blogspot.com