Friday, November 15, 2013

An update on my progress.

I am doing well, working hard and trying my best to stay on track. Logging on my blog and spark has been another story. I have been posting on my FB page and on dailymile but have not met my goal of posting to my private blog and spark people for accountability.

This past week I completed my first run in months and my knee did well. It was hurting a bit the past few days but overall, it is ok.  I also managed to get in a good, strong 83.4 km's on my spin bike at home. I am trying to focus on getting back to riding as it helps my knee a great deal.

Here is my training schedule this next week -

Friday - 30 mins on the bike - hill intervals with recovery 15 min ride - DONE!! 61 mins
Saturday - 60 mins on the bike - steady ride
Sunday - Walk on the trails for at least an hour, maybe a few running intervals if my knee allows
Monday - 30 mins on the bike - mixed intervals
Tuesday - Rest, stretch....
Wednesday - Walk for 45 mins to an hour 
Thursday - Walk for 45 min to an hour
Friday -  Bike 30 mins hill intervals with recovery 15 mins

Slowly but surely, I am making my way back!!!! I feel encouraged, excited and ready to do all I can to reach my goals.

Have a blessed weekend - stay on track :) Weekends are always hard, but go in with the right mindset and you can do it!

All the best :)


1 comment:

Tina said...

When you are working hard to improve your results you should take into account lots of things. Recently I have read the study, which stated the basic things helping you in getting quick results. For myself, I would highlight the importance of proper recovery, which is often underestimated; and providing your body with sufficient liquid. 'Sufficient' - is much more than a lot of us think)). You can see those recommendations at http://militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/sports-training-tips/4-simple-fitness-tips-to-get-real-training-results-now/